COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Headline re: China and the parts of said article implying that China has gotten past this is ascinine.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What a terrible response.

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't take it that way. I took it as an example of the pandemic overall showing signs of breaking. The wave started over there and now they are on the brink of lifting the measures. Like hopefully we will once we have crested in a few weeks.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

What? Not very long ago you were saying you would be cautious to prescribe it. I wake up today and now it is full go? So some new information has come about I guess. So be it. I'm not arguing with you.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I believe Card's point is the laughable way the article addresses China and the fact that they've eradicated the virus and all new cases are imported.

6. CardinalVol

Yup.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was more going with your refutal of my assertion that homeopathic remedies and conspiracy aren’t a new phenomenon. And homeopathic remedies for the most part aren’t throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. That’s not to say they work, but they are pretty old and established remedies.

I said I would be cautious to prescribe it in asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic.

I also said I’m unfamiliar with the drug, never seen COVID-19, and would research my balls off if I were ever tasked with treating it.

Step one would probably be trying to get in touch with guys in New Orleans and New York. If they say something like, “Once that sp02 gets below XX%, you better start considering hydroxychloroquine.”, well then yeah, it would certainly be on the table. That would come with a very thorough informed consent for the patient.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it is eradicated either, but it seems like they do have things under control now. We will too. I agree that they've not been truthful.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, that sounds super reasonable. I'm not sure why you say my response was bad when I wasn't arguing with you.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I edited the response you quoted.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I refuted they weren't a new phenomenon? No, I know they are not. They're old as hell. I said they were on the uptick again, and that can be represented in dollars spent.

Going to homeopathics tends to lead to trying several different ones, one right after the other or additively, trying to get the desired effect. That's what I mean by "throwing stuff at the wall."

12. CardinalVol

I don't trust a thing China says. For all I know, it's raging like a wildfire through Beijing.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

But how could one hide the body count?

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If taken as prescribed how dangerous is it?

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will say this, it is nice the way the banks are allowing people to postpone payments on loans. It has really saved our bacon this month knowing that with my wife (self-contracted worker) getting bumpkis for pay these days, that we can postpone a car loan if we have to do so.

Yes, they are keeping my business, still accruing interest, etc, but still a nice gesture, a win-win for both sides during this bizarro time.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

A few millions deaths over there isn't even a rounding error.

17. CardinalVol

Hyperbole, IP. Hyperbole.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not a doctor, I'm just exiting this line of conversation. Obviously it is used widely and has been for a long time, but it definitely does have some risks.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well then I agree with you, it is still around there.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The real problem you have is that Trump has touted it.