COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Looks like we (my employer) may be bringing everyone home. Globally. That's...something.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Definitely this.

Also, I have 4,207 rolls of toilet paper and 9,000 bottles of water. $5 each or 10 for $75. Should I prepare a shipment for you?

peelwonder likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Wait a couple weeks.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think there is a national security issue, though.

IP and Volst53 like this.
  5. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I'm good as I live near a fresh water source with plenty of trees around lol. This Boy Scout knows how to boil water.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Exactly. God forbid You are open and everyone else is closed and someone gets sick

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Where are you hearing this?

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no it’s not

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is often overlooked.

IP likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah there has been a massive rise in labor productivity and a small increase in salaries, so the whole theory is off.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Oh, sorry. It's my employer. We have a massive number of people on cross border assignments. Many traveling with dependents. This is not just US, but repatriation of all expats globally.

warhammer likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You have to look at it sector by sector. The service sector has had the opposite. Small increase in productivity, massive rise in salaries.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

just isn’t true

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Gotcha. There has been some consideration of that here, but I think we're past that. It's likely to be a bit complicated for your folks.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Act now and you'll receive a gross of multi-use plastic grocery bags at no charge.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Really? Doctors, lawyers, educators, accountants, dentists, musicians, athletes, etc. all make a lot more despite doing same thing. Restaurant industry doesn't count because it is tied to something tangible.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

who is better off the during a global war or crisis? China, a manufacturing economy, or the United States, a service economy? I assure you it’s the United States by a wide margin

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

net of inflation wages for those professions haven’t gotten anywhere close to keeping up with their productivity growth over the past 20 years

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hmm

Attached Files: