COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Medi-Cal, a state version of the federal Medicare. Greater access. Kind of like Tenncare back in the day.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's been trending younger for a while.

fl0at_ likes this.
  4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Upper Cumberland area in Tennessee has been very strained. I know a family whose mother was transported to Kentucky because there were no ICU beds available from ‘Nashville to Knoxville’. She ultimately died there.

The ER in my hometown was reporting up to a 24 hour wait the week after Christmas. My sister works at an urgent care clinic and they are seeing about 30-40 patients per day per doctor and all of those are usually waiting for them when they open.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's what i was thinking as well. not sure i would follow that mandate if i was an EMT

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, but what else could be done? there is finite capacity, and we are finding it

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't know, but if I am a EMT, to hell if I am making that call. I am not qualified and ethically I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I am not a doctor.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i know a crazy amount of people with covid right now. it's everywhere. my doctor friend was telling me there are neighborhoods where 30% of households have it currently. i just narrowly missed getting it from my brother in law's family. they got it from an uncle they saw before christmas who works at home depot and got it there.

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

50% of our small team at work has either gotten it or had it in the household. A couple with spouses that had pretty bad stretches with it, but no lung issues thankfully.

And that's with us working remotely.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I went from basically knowing no one with it, to my brother in laws family, and two of my wife cousins families and my next door neighbor’s family. All 4 got it independently. Took us 3 days to get our Covid tests back the labs are so busy. My kids pediatrician has a dedicated nurse just doing drive by Covid tests for kids and their families.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It doesn't make any sense to exclude anyone, since this is about stopping a virus that requires hosts, from spreading. Further, if there are this many undocumented workers in NE at these meat plants, why is nothing being done about these companies who are creating this situation, if this is known?!

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's also a group that is a super spreader.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Ha! Can't take ire jobs if'n they're dead!

18. fl0at_

Good lord, Cali posting 423 new deaths for the day.

19. fl0at_

7 day moving average is back to level with where we were pre-holiday reporting break, and we're headed up.

20. fl0at_

New record for cases and deaths today. But today won't be remembered for that.

Because it'll be higher, soon.

IP likes this.