COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'm getting my first dose of Pfizer tomorrow. But it's an oral vaccine? Well, whatever, I'm sure it will be fine

[​IMG]

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Welcome to House Pfizer, brother.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You gonna be up all night.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Moderna #1 acquired. I've been using Internet Explorer since I got home from the vaccine, weirdly enough.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

After four hours he'll need to seek medical treatment.

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

FDA recommending halting J&J due to 7 incidences of blood clotting out of 7 million doses.

I mean, okay.

justingroves likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Already had someone this morning that is one of the "Covid has a 98% survival rate, it's no big deal!" people tell me they knew these vaccines were dangerous because of this.

I hate people.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This is a great interview giving some context....

Basic point is that by pausing it is a cautious step that will shine a spotlight on the issue. Doing so should bring attention to it and find out what the real numerator is - is it just 7 cases, or 7 severe cases with hundreds of mild cases.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

And they're concerned about it possibly increasing as younger people get the vaccine.

Especially women on birth control

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good thing we funded multiple independent vaccines.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

This has been catnip for folks that are anti-vax. They wouldn't pause it if it affected national roll-out significantly.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Going the wrong way again. Alright. So now I buy a 4th wave.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Inevitable. baked in to the collective behavior of the public. We're going to need to have a vaccine for children down to 5 or 6 for this to not be something that flares up among the 30 or 40% of the population who can't or mostly won't get vaccinated, spinning off variants that erode the efficacy of the vaccine among those with it.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Let Texas secede, give them all to Texas, make Donald Trump all time President, build wall and make the United States of America pay for it

Problems solved

Sorry TT

TennTradition and utvol0427 like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

No no, we keep the band together. e pluribus unum. Michigan is having a lot of trouble too.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Don’t you shit on my dream of the Texasdome

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

A trilogy for Snake Plissken. Escape from Texas

Daddy Gee and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If it wasn’t for the whole “killing people” part, I’d be real interested in the mental gymnastics that it will take to explain why the vaccinated people aren’t dying from COVID and unvaccinated people are, almost exclusively

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

My plan probably ends with the zombie apocalypse, because we know that when it mutates to cause flesh eating undead, 40% of the population is going to run towards the zombies

(Wish I could take credit for that joke)

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is the lightning rod all over again. Eventually, enough churches start being the only buildings getting set on fire by lightning that they finally go "well........ok."

NOTE:

Before I hit "post reply" I thought, 'Is this actually true?' and did some very VERY quick research, and no, the lightning rod thing appears to be a myth, though many people didn't want to install them because they didn't understand it. It wasn't necessarily a dogma problem.