COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Virginia's system is a mess. I finally got an appt, but must drive 2 hours south to get it.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My mom and mother in law both got their second dose yesterday and they had the same reaction.

I feel fine now, but had about a 6 hour window where my head was killing me. No other issues other than a headache though.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The good news is, on your way back you can just set the microchip to auto-pilot and go to sleep

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It just better not have any gluten in it and be a fair trade microchip.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Your mother in law went away after 24 hours?

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No, thank god. She's the only childcare we've got.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Damn. I was thinking I got the wrong one for a minute

8. fl0at_

Time is on your side. Just wait it out.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Getting mine Monday. Was thinking J&J until the recent news out of Carolina and Colorado with the immediate side effects.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Couple of my co-workers got it and were fine

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah J&J besides burning a little more at injection seems to be handled better with fewer side effects from the people I know giving them.

12. fl0at_

I don't know anyone who has gotten J&J but nobody I personally know has had any side effects from either Moderna or Pfizer, other than a headache, and same day fatigue.

It isn't a huge sample though, only about 20 folks.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The second Moderna shot put me on my ass just about all day yesterday. It was weird how quickly it came on, too. I woke up around 3:30 Thursday morning for a quick piss, checked on the dog, grabbed a water, and went back to bed. Woke up two hours later and felt like I was dying. Started feeling better a little after lunch and decided to get up and do some stuff around the house, was back in bed within 15 minutes and stayed there until I woke up this morning. Zero issues at all today.

14. fl0at_

And that makes me wonder more if people who are having these strong reactions might have had previous asymptomatic exposure, and cleared quickly.

So, your first vaccine would be like my second. And your second would be like if I got a third.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My in-laws have both previously had the Rona and both got their second doses this week. Mother-in-law had Pfizer and had an identical reaction to what I had, father-in-law had the second shot of Moderna and had zero issues.

My aunt tested positive right before Christmas and had her second dose Wednesday, she still feels terrible.

None of it makes sense.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

One thing everyone I have talked to has complained about is a really sore arm. Neither shot of mine hurt by the time I was finished with my "observation" time and never had any soreness in my arm.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

My arm was crazy sore after my first Moderna. That’s all I delay with but I thought it was going to fall off that first night. Almost completely normal by the time I woke up, but I did have a knot and tender underarm for several days.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

in other words, bunch of [itch bay]es out here.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. fl0at_

Well, you described 2/3rds positive tests having stronger reactions, which supports the idea that previous infection and shots makes the feel worse.

Which, if is true, would mean good chance you had an asymptomatic infection at one point.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some anti-vaxxers have decided Prince Phillip died because of the COVID vaccine he had 2 weeks ago. Uh... Wow.