COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I assume he means FDA approved and not just an emergency use authorization.

IP likes this.
  2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’ve been loading/unloading trucks by myself for almost 16 years, lol! And pulling parts, building gearboxes, shipping everything out, cycle counts... the works. I’ve been a one man band back here and honestly, have enjoyed it for the most part. I stay busy AF but if something doesn’t get done I know EXACTLY who didn’t do it because I’m the only one in the warehouse!

SetVol13, justingroves and IP like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

And both Pfizer and Moderna just announced they have the required additional 6 months data and will be applying for full approval shortly. Usually takes 6 months from there to approve.

TennTradition likes this.
  4. Savage Orange

I’m going from being the only person in the warehouse to being in a place that has over 60 people there. I’ll be working some warehouse stuff to begin with but eventually I’ll be moving into inside sales. It’ll be a nice change of scenery for sure and I’m looking forward to starting next week.

5. Savage Orange

I get the reticence about the J&J shot due to the VERY slim chance of blood clotting but the resistance to the Pfizer/Moderna shots is just unreasonable.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know what is unreasonable anymore. It is an unreasonable situation. I do know I find not being vaccinated much riskier for me personally and for my community around me, than the vaccine being a risk to me personally. Vaccine reactions aren't contagious.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It's never boring, but sometimes it isn't fun.

A typical work week is I come in on Monday, get into a yelling argument with my boss, at the whiteboard, until lunch. Monday afternoon, we come up with a plan. Tuesday I do the code, analysis or data stuff I need. Wednesday we look over the findings and tweak as necessary. Thursday we then rehearse and game plan the arguments. To the point where we're sometimes like "If Person A says ... I'll say ... " Every objection we can think of, on either side, we go over.

I came up with an argument while brushing my teeth earlier, to an objection game planned yesterday, that I didn't have an argument for. So now I'm going to finish my coffee, mask up, and go present the argument, and then see where we are.

And this fight is a three week planning fight, all over a cheap reporting package. It's not even a lot of money.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

There comes a point when I just have to say "if you don't have the vaccine yet, I am not going to live my life worrying about you."

We are not there yet, so I still wear my mask in stores, but at some point, it is on the people that are not vaccinated.

justingroves likes this.
  9. fl0at_

We might do some things that even Dilbert's group would be like "Ehhh, too far, too dumb, too much bad judgement."

SetVol13 and Savage Orange like this.
  10. fl0at_

I can't ever get there, personally, morally/ethically, because of kids. But droski made a good argument, with good stats, showing that they aren't much affected. So, I can understand why others are fine with it.

11. Savage Orange

There’s got to be something redeeming about it though, right? My wife absolutely hates her job but says “it pays too well to just up & leave”... I keep telling her life’s too short to stay at a job you hate. Sometimes the money costs too much.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess in my mind, the burden is shifting more to those that can but won't get vaccinated, and away from those who have and wish to go back to having unobstructed faces. I'm not there yet, but there will be a time. We don't want 2 year olds who have only ever seen their immediate family's faces.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sounds like they just like arguing and it is fun to them. You are just suffering the fall out.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Suffering? He's making a living by personifying the blast cloud.

justingroves likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What's the difference in Pfizer and Moderna?

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Nah, no code in, "I'll take it when it's fully approved."

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I thought it would be was obvious.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I do not understand it. I was giddy like a child on Christmas morning to get mine. Yet I have 2 siblings who won't.

Brother - Fox News (24x7 on his TV) Republican denier who uses India only has 127 deaths as proof it is fake and Hospitals are running up the numbers for more money.

Sister - Husband was burned big time in Hepatitis C Trial so she is distrustful and waiting.

19. Savage Orange

Has he been watching what’s been going on in India the past few weeks?

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I do not know. I have not been talking to him about it. I figure he is a big boy who needs to make his own choice and pray it does not bite him in the Ass.

Fox News touting Indias numbers over every developed Country in the World blows me away; and people buy that shit.

Savage Orange likes this.