COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just from what I learned in my time working with them you could convince me it'd be a lot worse.

justingroves likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is really good advice. Do what they say. Hydrate. Rest and move in the ways they tell you to. They've treated a lot of people at this point, their advice is formed by that.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sorry to hear. I'd assume you have it until you know you don't, and hydrate/rest accordingly.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah, if I'm not at the hospital or at your practice I'm not calling you Dr. Whoever.

justingroves likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It certainly costs more to incentivize one to pick up a shift on their scheduled day off. Can’t quite offer them first pick of section or first cut and buy them dinner.

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’ve had sinus problems all my life so I thought it was that until I had symptoms I never have from sinus infections. Wanted to get tested primarily because of contact with family members and those family members being part time caregivers for elderly family members. Probably not impossible but after about an hour of trying it seems finding a rapid test or testing place with same day availability is borderline impossible.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Research and education is where every single one (save one) of the nurses I've talked to in the last year. That one loan nurse moved to the private sector for medical devices.

8. fl0at_

Rapid may be out. Might have to sit in the PCR lane for several hours and let your brain get tickled.

If you know some people that know some people (that rob people) you might can find s private internal medicine practice that has the flu and COVID combo test, and get it. But be prepared to pay for it with your, or someone else, kidney.

9. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

My daughter tested positive today as she had a fever. I've been Vaxxed and boosted and nothing yet, was also told to just keep on keeping on.

10. fl0at_

Not even to quarantine? Dang. We trying to spread this dude all over I guess. Might as well be this one.

11. CardinalVol

Lady that gave me my shot yesterday said "if you are going to get one, this is the one to get".

12. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Yup, latest CDC guidance is to go about your life if you are up to date on Vaxx.

13. CardinalVol

Just saw that SCOTUS blocked Biden's mandate.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Not a surprise. When the rule was first announced, multiple left leaning law types said that this was the likely outcome.

15. fl0at_

What is the reasoning for blocking it for large businesses, but allowing it for certain healthcare workers? That doesn't compute.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I don’t know. I haven’t read the ruling nor do I particularly want to. Some people, mainly Twitter so probably not totally accurate, are saying that the court ruled that COVID is an “occupational hazard” for health care workers but not for most other jobs. others are saying that it might be tied to federal funding. I’m just glad that it’s over with for the most part. It didn’t make much sense to begin with.

17. CardinalVol

1. Well, our 8-12 grades are going virtual for the remainder of the week because of high absenteeism of students and teachers.

2. One of wife's running friends had a brother who died the night he got the booster due to heart issues. Don't know anything other than that, nor am I trying to make a point, just telling what happened because that's the first person I've got any connection with that died presumably from the vaccine.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

This would be particularly odd, because the onset of heart issues is said to be days after vaccination.

19. CardinalVol

It was the booster. I agree it was odd.

20. fl0at_

Booster is the vaccine. There isn't any difference. It's just a third (or fourth, or nth) shot.