Crappie, Tuttle, Indy, wings, Coke & colloquialisms

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Feb 3, 2016.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I know patti's. Good place in A dry county, so byob

2. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Bones and all

3. cotton

Just about every frog leg you get in a grocery or restaurant is imported from a 3rd world Asian country. Can you imagine how and where those frogs live?

I like frog legs very much. However, I get mine from good old fashioned American ponds and rivers filled with good old fashioned American cow shit. I also have an uncle--the guy I posted about who catches thousands of crappie every year--who will trade me 10 fillets for every pair of legs. I trade as many as I eat.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Cotton is a quality sourced frog consumer. Lily pad to table, if you will.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My dad likes to tell a story about a friend of his bragging about a place to go frog gigging when he was younger. Dad bugged him about it until the guy took him one night. Turns out it was the settling pond and associated run off from the sewage treatment at a local sewing plant. Dad claimed female hygiene products were floating amongst the plants and such, and when he saw such, decided to wait in the truck.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've heard tales of these "crappies" before, but have yet to see a single one.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I just happen to have a killer crappie rig which has delivered more crappie than two stringers can hold resulting in throwing back the smallest one each catch. I'm talking virtually one cast/one catch until you tire of it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Healthy happy frogs are good eating. Worth keeping places for them.

9. cotton

You have to believe in them before you can see them.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Well, I'll be honest, I probably wasn't qualified to say that. I've only eaten frog legs in a restaurant one time, and I knew where they came from, and more than once helped catch the frogs they served.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

In Guatemala the Coca Cola is still made with actual sugar... I wish I could have brought back a suitcase full because it's the Coke I remember growing up...

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It starts with proper pronunciation... Anybody who says "croppie" is excluded from my circle of trust, fishing-wise....

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

In everywhere except the US, as far as I know. Arguably the most American product, better everywhere else in the world

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think you can still get it with real sugar here at times.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Seems like I remember reading that some areas never switched over. I'm not sure if it's the same exact formula, but I believe the coke sold in the mexican/hispanic/whatever the correct PC term for that part of the supermarket that supposedly sells stuff from our neighbors to the south has cane sugar as well.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What is Coke using now? Some kind of corn syrup?

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm betting most of this is because the federal government basically creates a federally protected cartel on sugar and production.

Same reason a lot of candy production as moved to either Mexico or Canada.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Last I checked, yes.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like this guy^

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Is "speck" allowed?