Cuonzo Martin offers Rawane Ndiaye.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by MettaWorldPeace, Apr 11, 2013.

1. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

According to Quinn, Rawane has received an offer. He's a 6'11" center who averaged limited points and rebounds last season as a JUCO player.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  2. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

sounds like a beast

3. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

This offer just seems crazy....

4. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

If my math is correct, this puts Tennessee two above the scholarship limit if Rawane accepts and Landry enrolls, too. Theoretically, one could say that McRae and Stokes will both enter the draft.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If we offer another project type player, it just further signifies to me that Martin is out of his depth at this level.

6. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

You're losing me Quizno.

7. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

Come on guys, this kid averaged almost 2 points and 2 rebounds per game last season and even shot 25% from the free-throw line. Looks like a fully developed D-1 post player to me who could quickly move into the starting line-up should Stokes leave.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What the ****? I could average 2 and 2 in JUCO and could shoot 25% from the line with my left hand.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

There's pretty much no reason for Cuonzo to offer unless he knows players (with an s) are leaving. JUCO project isn't quite an oxymoron, but it's close. There's not really time for that at a major program. So either crazy attrition or he sees something he really likes, or he's cool with running off a couple guys every year in exchange for other marginal guys.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

damn those are some Tyler Summitt numbers right there.

11. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

12. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I just do not get this on any level....

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Supposedly he has now committed to UT.

14. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Hmmmmmm.......

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Obviously a defensive stud.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That probably answers the Jarnell staying or going question. Either that, or Maymon isn't going to be able to play again.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yemi transferring, Landry not coming.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That kind of sucks. I like Yemi off the bench

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Why ****ing bother? There's no possible reason to bring in this kid and have him take up a scholarship. Who gives a shit if we need a big if he makes Torrey Harris look like Hakeem Olajuwan? Save the ship for next year. I have no ****ing clue what Martin is doing with recruiting, but we are, possibly, two years away from a starting lineup of Richardson, Thompson, Chievous, Davis and, I guess, this Rawane dude. Sounds a lot like Auburn to me.

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Hate to interrupt a good rant, but there appears to be some doubt as to whether Rawane committed or even had a committable offer.

Although... facts seem to be pretty ancillary anyways. Carry on.