Dave Hart has 10 months remaining on his contract.

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by A-Smith, Nov 6, 2015.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I saw a thread on TOOS that had some difficult to decipher ramblings from Hubbs on the subject. I read it as Hubbs has no idea what's going on but wanted to put the 10 months thing out there. Also he said Hart was hoping for a 5 year extension.

Has anyone heard anything about what's going on with the contract?

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

God, please let the powers at be come to their senses. If Dave Hart gets a five year extension I will cast away my UT fanhood forever.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I've backed away from UT Athletics almost entirely, but I believe I'd even stop watching on television.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'll be pretty livid if Hart gets to hang around. Not as mad as I would be if Butch gets a raise or extension after this season, but about ready to throw my hands up and give up.

That said, I thought I saw somewhere his contract goes through 2018. Am I remembering that wrong?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The fact he is still drawing a check from UT is bad enough. A 5 year extension would be criminal.

If UT's objective is to drive their fanbase away, they are doing a fantastic job.

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

The one problem here is that there are some w/in the "powers that be" that would like nothing more than to extend Hart and the misery of our beloved program. So, until those "puppet masters" are removed ...

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hart wants to retire in the next three years or so.

He's trying to get his son the job here. He's SMU's AD I think.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No.

No, wait. Hell no.

No, wait.

OH **** NO!

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see anyone but Blackburn as the next AD here

10. RockyHill

Now, if our boosters want to take control and right the ship, they can put whatever impotent goon they want in the AD's office, so long as he's just a puppet.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Or...hire a sound AD and watch their investments pay off

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fans need to voice their displeasure for Hart. If not I can definitely see him getting an extension.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He'll get an extension then. I'm sure the vast majority of the fanbase thinks he's doing a fine job.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

One poster on VN said he should get a raise because he's done a good job. Got 28 likes so far.

I would start a poll over there, but I'm banned.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've been told numerous times he'd not be AD on 1/1/17. This would fit that timeframe.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

His work here is done.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Sad, but true.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The problem with that means we're stuck with Butch until then. Obvious we aren't getting a new coach now, but that probably means we won't get one until after the 2017 season, since I doubt the new guy fires Butch the first day.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You might as well get ready for him to be here and get a bump to $4M unless the team flames for the next month.

20. RockyHill

Pure insanity. I sincerely don't understand how that can happen.