Dave Hart has 10 months remaining on his contract.

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by A-Smith, Nov 6, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Rewarding Mediocrity should be the title of the next UT DVD documentary

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Leveraging Mediocrity

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Leveraging Thighs

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. There is a about to be an insane coaching market.

2. His agent is going to float that he is a potential hire at a school, maybe 2.

3. Everyone will freak out, look at an 8-4 record, forget the first month of the season, and give him a raise to stay here.

3a. This is Hart giving another middle finger to everyone for "his guy" being here.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

No, I understand the idiotic reasons that our moronic fan base would buy. I don't understand how UT became this. No other traditional football power has a pathetic enough leadership to allow it.

6. CardinalVol

The the article I linked a while back about what is important to fans.

Sure, winning is "Important", but just as integrated in the "true fan" culture is winning recruiting battles and "getting back to where we used to be". Throw in "stability" (we'd rather be stable at the bottom of the ocean than being tossed and turned on the waves), and viola.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wish o was athletic director. He would come in and say "Alan, I am up for the State University job and I wanted to know..."

Me: "Congratulations! Enjoy your knew job you have earned it here let me help you pack your stuff and please keep in touch and your cab is here so good luck and perhaps we will meet in the field good day and don't call us well call you.". /slam car door

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I've resigned myself to the fact that we don't dump him. But this would be borderline sabotage.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

His agent better not consider threatening us with someone else's buyout. I'd dare them.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Tennessee sports are going to be garbage ufor the next 5 years, at least

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

He get's a raise/extension and it's going to be even harder to fire him. Do we not think anything through? Are the people in power just sold on the guy?

12. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Bunch of pencil ***** in power.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Status quo is easy as long as the fans have bought it. It's why they work so hard to keep the media as shills.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Communists imo

15. CardinalVol

Wait and see.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Again, a raise or extension just tells me that Tennessee is not committed to winning. You can't give him that knowing that it makes it harder to fire him.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Rumor has it that his agent has already inquired about a bump, was scoffed at and told to tell his client to beat a team that matters, first.

Others can fill in the details, if I've missed something.

18. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

If true that shows some balls by someone in charge. I like it, but I hope USC or Mizzou don't count as teams that matter.

19. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

When they hired Dooley (and then Lyle) and Clownzo, that told me all I needed to know about their commitment to winning.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Please tell me this is true.