Defensive Line

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Sep 8, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a hell of a lot cheaper too

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I got the shingles a few years ago from a side effect from a statin drug and have had a diet pepsi about everyday since. Never liked Pepsi. Used to drink DC and DP and diet DP. Know its bad but i just like the bubbles and taste and eat and drink too much sugar. Tried the diet pepsi and it didn't taste like i remembered. Now, after a diet coke a day for a long time, i can't drink 2 sips of one.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

About the same here. Unless we are at a place known for bourbon I only drink it at home.

The Dooz likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

And yet one of these I can drink at work and one I can’t. Go figure

OneForVol likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes it is.

Margins on liquor are ridiculous in a restaurant.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm the oddity. If I was told I couldn't drink another alcoholic drink in my life I'd be fine with it.

I also drink at least a gallon of water a day. No telling how much more over it. I am my father's son and always have to have something to drink nearby so it's coffee until about 11am and then water the rest of the day.

OneForVol likes this.
  7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, I do that, but I find my desire for coffee has decreased as I've aged. This is due to my desire to not wear a path between my desk and the restroom.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I start with coffee then water all day and by the time I get home I’m ready for anything other than water. I’ll have a soda or two on the weekends, but try to stay away from drinks with a lot of sugar. My weight escalates quickly drinking soda.

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I love whiskey. Mostly gave up beer, it suppresses testosterone and makes you fat.

Whiskey won't you come and take my troubles...

zehr27 likes this.
  10. VOLinDAWGland

Good exercise

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is the alcohol in beer that suppresses testosterone. Whiskey has the same effect.

chavisut likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

If whiskey suppresses testosterone, why is it me some people stopped drinking it many years ago due to how volatile it could make them after too much?
    I was in a few fights in my younger years 30 years ago and they were all after too much brown liquor and pretty sure it was the same for the foe.

13. VOLinDAWGland

Alcohol is a factor but the hops in beer is known to have an estrogenic effect. The calories in beer causing weight gain is also a negative for testosterone. Too bad because I like hoppy craft beers, just don't drink them much anymore and I find easier to manage weight and better energy.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dark liquor has been the reason I showed my ass a few times

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, I hate hoppy beers but there is no way hops have much influence on your hormones. sounds like an urban myth

A-Smith likes this.
  16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Same. I drink 2 cups of coffee (used to be much more) and tons of water all day.

zehr27 likes this.
  17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes and based on the few studies I’ve read that is mostly if you’re drinking a lot, often.

18. Ssmiff

Tell me about it. Havent had more than 2 sips in 20 years. I coulda died, gone to jail, gotten my neck broken or whatever from about age 18-28 when we started at an Animal Hour or similar. Acted like and felt invincible. Beyond idiotic.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Twss

IP likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

evert trans person would know and take advantage of hops smoothies. every menopausal woman would be knocking them back to stop hot flashes.