POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

When does Hilary save the day

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She doesn't. The time for left field entries has passed.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That the left is reaching for Bernie is as dark of a sign of those who feel left behind as the right reaching for Trump and his rhetoric. I swear we are just trying to out-crazy ourselves.

Trump has some reasonable policies. He also has some that I can’t stand and often because of the rhetoric he attached to It.

I’m sure I agree with some things Bernie says as well. I think he means well most of the time.

I do get to add him to my list of ‘ban frackers’ (not just on federal land) along with Warren. It’s becoming my litmus test for who is a reasonable candidate and who is just saying absurd shit to garner support of the extreme left.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fracking practices have done it to the industry, TT. People living in colorado subdivisions have literally died due to improperly closed wells that were undisclosed to home buyers. They take up water resources in water scarce areas. And they have ran amok, with little meaningful regulation or restriction. Wanting reasonable now is wanting moderation after eating the whole cake.

6. TennTradition

What does fracking have to do with improperly closed wells? Complete opposite ends of the life cycle of a well. That’s just sloppy association.

Water resource is a worthwhile issue to focus on. Precious resource (clean portable water) and relevant specifically to fracking vs other types of oil and gas drilling. There are ways to manage it and that could be regulated. Flaring (not related to fracking) is another aspect that must be regulated in a better way.

With that said a uniform federal ban is ridiculous. It’s appeasement, not good technology policy.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yes they endorsed Warren.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It has to do with fracking because of how widespread the wells are, and how close the wells are to people's homes.

9. TennTradition

Those wells probably weren’t even horizontal fracked wells if they were already capped. Weak. (I’m assuming you’re talking about a capped well that’s been abandoned - If I misunderstood that, my apologies)

Fracking doesn’t mean any closer to someone’s home than a conventional well.

Hell this point really even runs counter to your argument. Because horizontal, frac’d wells are so much more productive, there are less holes punched in the ground today than if we went to conventional drilling - meaning more capped wells ultimately.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The scale of wells coming in and already in are massive. If you are arguing there would be "even more" if there wasn't fracking, then we need to set restrictions on that too.

https://www.hcn.org/issues/50.18/en...in-windsor-colorado-narrowly-avoided-disaster

https://www.timescall.com/2018/04/1...ghborhood-one-year-after-fatal-gas-explosion/

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...out-war-anti-fracking-measures-advance-ballot

11. TennTradition

It’s an industrial process and should be able to be regulated with something similar to zoning when it comes to locating wellheads near homes.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bernie is going to win Iowa.

fl0at_ likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Let's caucus!

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not a big deal. Butch killed Iowa.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I thought the top was a good post. But only because I hadn't yet got to the bottom one.

warhammer, smokysbark and zehr27 like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I sincerely hope voices like yours are heard and considered. but things have gone off the rails and folks are very cynical about the industry.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

What a cluster[uck fay]

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eh. They're just doing due diligence and using the paper trail. I would prefer that to half-assing it.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm about to head out and commit a felony.

All this shit is on you people.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Shoulda just let the Boomers handle everything with their landlines.