POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You can try to justify it and say it's no big deal all you want, but when the party has people both inside and out thinking/claiming it's rigged, a this happens, it only fuels the fire more and gives Trump a new drum to beat. It's a terrible, terrible look and gave Biden a lifeline to SC and Super Tuesday.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Never understood why Iowa matters so much. And why Ohio, maybe the ugliest state in the US with the most annoying people, counts for so much.

cpninja likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't say it was justified or not a big deal. It just isn't unprecedented and there is no reason to believe it is a conspiracy. the fact that there are competing narratives about who it helped undermines the notion that it helped anyone. Biden and Buttigieg are fighting for the same voters, yet both are claimed to have benefited over the other.

A big part of modern politics is pushing narratives. the rigged narrative has been being pushed before last night and has been an effective tool against progressives.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am with you about iowa. and your evaluation of Ohio.

justingroves likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

if I had to guess, Sanders is on top, Warren did well, Buttigieg outperformed, and biden bombed badly.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Or do you mean Ron Paul?

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If one method of counting is giving you one answer and the other is giving a very different answer, you probably shut it down and proceed very methodically. I think that’s what we are seeing.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dont disagree, I'm just surprised the media hasn't gotten its own count.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sanders campaign data indicates it is

1. Sanders
    2. Buttigieg
    3. warren

If true, a long delay in the official results really hurts Buttigieg, as he would be the classic "outperforming expectations" candidate who could get a national bounce.

I think he could supplant biden as the moderate if he does it again in New Hampshire. exciting stuff. A young man probably does better in a shrunk field against Sanders. This could get very competitive.

10. CardinalVol

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This is a cluster [uck fay] for the Dems.

No one has faith in the DNC. This could turn very ugly.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like turn out was really low too, so that's not a good sign for the Dems either.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

someone was saying that 3 church deacons could take the forms to the back room of the church and have this counted in 20 minutes. I thought that was funny. and probably true. sunday lunch rush is no joke.

justingroves and CardinalVol like this.
  14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Low turnout and hard to count? Man, Iowans are duuuuumb.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've seen nothing to suggest the numbers are very different from 2016, which was down from the records in 2008. and in 2016, more people voted for Clinton than have ever voted for a candidate in US history.

A lot of "narrative building" going around.

16. CardinalVol

Go find the most country Baptist church that exists in Iowa, grab their deacons, and we'll know the answer in an hour. Don't mind the grease stains from the fried chicken.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The hill just said that it was lower than 2016. Expected to be around 160,000

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

First time turnout seems to be low, but on pace with 2016.

Not a good look for the Democrats in Iowa, but there are always points in primaries when it seems as if things are getting out of control or antagonisms occur. Bush had them in 2000, so did Obama in 2008, which was a huge damn mess, and even Trump in 2016, to an extent. I don't think Democrats are winning in Iowa in November anyway. I doubt it will be much of an issue in a week or so.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The issue is that this saves Biden.

How the [uck fay] does he have those poll numbers but no one likes him.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A guy I know in Iowa says the problem was the app because it wasn't working well and these elections rely a lot on older people who are not familiar with the technology, plus they were not well trained on how to use it.