POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

My point is that the left pretty clearly doesn’t just want humane detention centers and a fair asylum process. Any reasonable person can see this wouldn’t end if we got there. I’m not trying to tell you or Un I know what you believe, I’m not assuming just I’d expect you wouldn’t assume I stood with Trump/the right on any one issue.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I have no doubt that trump’s policies have reduced illegal traffic at the border dramatically. Can the immigrants never be at fault?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

in all honesty, I have no idea what your point is. why would it be the end if we still have 100k showing up a month?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

well, every source of statistical data shows more people are showing up and being detained. so are you saying we are locking up lawful migrants or are all sources wrong?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It’s not that we are capturing more people than before because we actually are enforcing the border for once?

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I meant the end of the Democrats raising hell. The narrative would simply change to the horror of turning these people around and sending them back.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have not seen anyone else claim that. is this based on some reporting or a wish?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is a horror neither of us would want to face in their shoes. Dems just dont lie to themselves about it and act like they weren't just born on third base.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What’s your explanation?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The guy who died with his kid was a mechanic in El Salvador . He had a job, he was working. The world is flat. The standard of living in these countries is far higher than before. Your view of the world is 50 years old.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Please go back to the original post I was replying to, reread what I said. I'm not going bsct to find it, but I said something like, I know this isn't related, but it reminded me of what I saw on the news this morning. Unis post reminded me of something, I posted, I know it's not this, but it reminded me of an unrelated story. Now please calm the abortion stuff down, and tell me when the dumb [unt cay] from Disney and her rich friends are going to step up and build a resort for the people waiting in line to come into the United States.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

See this part, not sure if I didn't make myself clear, or if you were reading it fast and misunderstood? But, I put the part in bold, where I meant that it was unrelated to abortion.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess I'm still not clear on where you want to keep them. Ok you want them to have a toothbrush and an adjustable bed. I'm ok with a toothbrush and soap, now where do we put them? Why aren't you as concerned with the homeless people in California?

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Ok, give him the money, and let him veto it and we can blame him. Boom

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The kind that doesn't vote

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"Dems just dont lie to themselves about it" is funny. Dems have lied to themselves about immigration and border issues for a long time. Didnt care until Trump.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The Democrats would be a lot easier to take seriously if they weren’t such blatant flip-floppers on immigration... the GOP message has been (more or less...) consistent. It’s pretty transparent that the left has no interest in actually doing anything other than using these people as political props, and as long as the coyotes in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Mexico keep the people coming, the problem will continue. There’s plenty of blame to go around on ALL sides but as long as the US government continues failing to put up a united front on the immigration issue not much is going to change. The coyotes are gonna coyote, the caravans are gonna caravan and real victims in all of this madness are gonna continue to suffer. The last time I was in Guatemala, there was an advertising campaign going on telling people to stay put and not listen to anyone trying to coerce them into leaving for the US... apparently it hasn’t been very effective.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The immigration issue has been handled so poorly by everyone, it blows my mind. Spend an hour talking to a legal immigrant about their thoughts on the subject.

Neither side has done this.