POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You don’t remember Obama saying exactly this and then half of people’s plans getting canceled because of Obamacare’s regulations? Guy can’t even come up with anything original

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I remember Obama saying that if you liked your doctor, you could keep your doctor, basically stating that the marketplace plans offered would be accepted by doctors.

I don't recall stating that if you like your private insurance plan, you can keep it (because why wouldn't you? you aren't being forced to switch away from private insurance), and I don't recall anything about employee based plans, which is up to the discretion of the employer, as employers well know.

Which makes it seem like a joke. Even more so since it is AARP, and the expectation is that they will be retiring fairly soon... and if they're retiring, they won't have employer based plans, because... well... they're retired.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And the Obamacare regulations made a lot of the old plans invalid. Happened to me.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Wasn't it what Obama said, but ended up not working out

6. fl0at_

Ah. That I can see. If the regs required some new minimum standard, they'd have had to cancel it.

We'll, Biden's an idiot. Why re-cycle that?

7. fl0at_

I didn't think so, but I guess I was wrong. I don't recall the plan thing, just the doctor thing. But it was like line two in that video dro posted.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah they basically eliminated the catastrophic which is what any healthy young person should have and also forced young people to pay for old

Especially given the fact it’s been much made fun of

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Also forced young people to subsidize the old and healthy to subsidize the sick

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You are right about the idiot. Is he the democratic front runner?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay] off, we already are doing that.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The madcap:

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

For large plans yes to a degree. For small group or individual plans it was age and health based before Obamacare.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is what Medicare is.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That and social security. Yet anyone who wants to cut those programs is vilified by the left.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

rightfully so! what is [uck fay]ed up is,that so many on Medicare and social security expect it while [itch bay]ing about it.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Why rightfully so? The left [itch bay]es about the rich screwing the middle class, but in fact the only wealth transfer that really has the middle class paying for the rich is Medicaire and social security, yet they don’t want those cut. explain that logic

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't want it cut, I want it expanded and I want a progressive funding structure.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

First tell me how much per month the rest of America is subsidizing the average person on Medicare because the Medicare projected deficit suggests it’s a big number

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Btw Medicare is already progressive.