POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

more, please.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

first, nah. you will just say I'm wrong. it's not like you're open to this stuff.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It’s pretty progressive already. The issue is that retired people tend to not have a ton of earned income

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I have no idea what that number is. If you really have a source, I’ve never seen one, I’d love to see it. No question Medicare saves our retirees huge money. The question is how much are the working class subsidizing it. Otherwise how could we possibly know if it’s appropriate and cheaper to expand to everyone?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I’d say my average client saves $10k a year by going on Medicare if they are coming from non employer subsidized private insurance before that. Even more if they aren’t healthy. The difference is staggering, but so is the projected future liability of Medicare. I’d switch to Medicare in a second if I could. But I have no idea what percentage the taxpayers are paying to get that reduction.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Who is this guy to call anyone’s language filthy after the Access Hollywood tape? Why does he keep commenting on their language using the word filthy, I wonder? He’s done it multiple times.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Two wrongs.

I haven’t read any of their comments as being, “filthy”.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

We are talking about trump here

9. TennTradition

You don’t find them filthy or you are saying he hasn’t said it? I feel like I’ve seen him use it in the last few days but I’d need to look it up.

Regardless, I don’t see this as two wrongs or whataboutism. The man who said he grabs women by the [ussy pay] finds their language filthy? Seriously?

10. TennTradition

He’s such a tool.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He is not a perfect individual

12. TennTradition

Add this to the list of things that just frustrate the shit out of me about him (not the fact that he isn’t perfect but this example of no self-awareness)

droski likes this.
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He is who he is

14. TennTradition

And I do not like it.

15. Tenacious D

He’s definitely used it.

I didn’t read their comments as being “filthy”, and am not sure why he’s using that word.

Maybe it’s his new “nasty”.

Nevertheless, suggesting that his once saying a terrible thing now somehow automatically invalidates the veracity of his opinion that someone else is also saying bad / nasty things, is absolutely whataboutism.

16. Tenacious D

I’m not certain that he suffers with any lack of self-awareness. I think he knows exactly who he is, and that’s what you get.

I think you just loathe who he is, believe he should be ashamed of it, and you hate that he not only isn’t, but actually celebrates it.

17. Tenacious D

I’m not sure he’s counting on bringing you around, TT. I think that you struggle with the fact that he’s unwilling to lie in saying that he wants or intends to win you over, when it’s pretty obvious that he doesn’t care one whit to even attempt it.

zehr27 likes this.
  18. TennTradition

Obviously it doesn’t - takes one to know one.

However, I am saying who the hell does he think he is to call them out for it.

That’s not whataboutism. I’m not suggesting what they said is somehow OK because of what he said.

I don’t even know what they said. I might find it wrong I might not.

But if I had to guess this has more to do with women using words he uses than it is the words.

19. TennTradition

I would hate him even more if he suggested he might.

20. Tenacious D

I’d be disappointed if you didn’t hate him.

In each of you.