POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Are you for real?

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Even if we make it 15 dollars inflation will quickly out grow that too.

Be nice if we could get serious about living in our means. Instead of believing the fallacy of living at the expense of someone else through government.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

15x40x52= 31,200. That's less than what they are negotiating for. And it is a negotiation. Labor negotiations aren't inherently bad or embarrassing. They ought to happen regularly.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The advantages outweigh the disadvantages, everywhere that has done it and by multiple studies. It's just not true that it doesn't matter. And if it didn't matter, then what is the harm? Everything else would inflate too, right?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wut? Every study that has ever been done has shown raising the minimum wage does nothing to curb poverty.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s not true.

Seattle showed that it hurt workers besides the fast food industry compared to other areas near by.

There’s no free lunch or we could make it 20 or 30 dollars instead of just 15.

It will hurt the young, inexperienced, and least productive by making it harder to get entry jobs.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It really seems like common sense to me. If I have x dollars in my budget for payroll, then that’s what it is. I’m not gonna all of a sudden have x + y because the minimum wage goes up

justingroves likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

false

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

false

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I can’t speak for other businesses but I would assume this the case for a vast majority of them. For QSRs you could adjust the labor goal to eat some of the costs, but in most instances, you’re just going to cut hours.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, they pay for labor out of charity but don't actually require it, by your common sense.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

What false about it? The Seattle is part is true, as is the issue about the young and inexperienced having a harder time finding a job. You think I’m going to pay a 16 year old $15 an hour to work the drive thru?

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Absolutely true. Every raise in the minimum wage in American history has resulted in zero change in poverty. This is a pretty well studied area. People who make minimum wage are not likely to be in poverty. They are students by and large.

14. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Democrats better get their shit together or hundreds of more days with The Donald.

Out of the group listed in the poll, I’d split with Harris and the “other” option being the mayor.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The more they try to be the anti trump, the nuttier and further out there they will be seen by the American people. Amazing no one has figured this out.

16. TheOrangeEmpire

No doubt, he’s plays the fringe like a fiddle.

You can say what you want about Obama, but he was as pedestrian and bland as presidents go.

I’d take bland again.

VolDad and droski like this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t even know how to respond to this.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Describing Obama as pedestrian and bland, and then asking for more is just perfect.

19. TheOrangeEmpire

It definitely has an intrinsic flair.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I want to see Biden come back at Harris. There’s multiple avenues he could take that would work well, and someone’s gonna take advantage at some point. Might as well be him.