POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

The retread and repackage non sense got us Trump.

Either party needs to rebuild.

Deep down, I’d love for Paul Ryan or Old Mitt run against Trump in the primary just to fracture the party.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I’m not sure at this point that it would fracture the party. Certainly there are republicans who only support trump because he has a “R” after his name and would prefer a milquetoast candidate, but I think that number has been shrinking over the past year or so.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fracture the party?

Didn’t both of those cats already run on the same ticket? How’d that turn out?

I also hope they run in the GOP primaries.

4. TheOrangeEmpire

Ryan definitely has the support of establishment republicans and their monetary backers.

A fools hope to get Trump out of office and getting the GOP back from reality tv politics.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Paul Ryan’s current political career has finally matched his level of political skill - which is non-existent.

If Trump needed / wanted the establishment Republicans in 2016, he damned sure took a curious route toward attaining it, by essentially declaring political war on the Party leadership.

In the height of irony, and whatever you think about Trump, be it well or ill, that the leadership of the GOP establishment basically begged him or a candidate like him forward, is beyond either legitimate doubt or reasonable argument.

When you struggle to merely contain how truly loathsome you find the majority of your supporters, and the issues which matter most to them, and as the GOPe had done for 20+ years, you’re going to force them to find another way. This is very much like what the Dems are now experiencing (enduring?), but toward the opposite political end, and which has similarly given rise to Bernie, AOC, etc.

Given his support for guns, Israel, pro-life measures, Gorsuch / Kavanaugh, his tough stance with NATO / Russia / China / North Korea, his continuing war with the corrupt media, his attempts to limit the size / role of government (eg deregulation, his long hiring freeze, etc.), preventing the US from being the policemen of the world, repealing the punitive elements of Obamacare, rebuilding the military, and all while riding an absolutely blistering economy that continues to set new all-time records...I think he’s probably in much better shape with establishment Republicans going into 2020, and than he ever enjoyed in 2016. I’m unaware of not only anything they’ve wanted - but could hope for - from a Republican President, and which Trump hasn’t already delivered, or at least attempted to provide it.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Of the 10 on the stage tonight, I don't know much (if anything) about 5 of them.

There's a reason it's a 3 person race.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Though early, Biden seems to be holding his own.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And he's got a bulls eye on him the size of Montana the next 2 nights.

9. TheOrangeEmpire

Klobuchar seems like a reasonable person

VolDad likes this.
  10. TheOrangeEmpire

John Delaney would be a great Republican

11. TheOrangeEmpire

I would love to sit down and talk with Sanders and Warren and hear their personal stories that shaped their political views.

justingroves likes this.
  12. TheOrangeEmpire

Bernie swinging for the fences at the slider off the plate.

13. TheOrangeEmpire

I’d love to have wine by a fire with Marianne Williamson

14. TheOrangeEmpire

How many times will the preview for the hunt show?

o_O

15. TheOrangeEmpire

Beto gonna be sent down to democratic a ball.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

when the poll started, I was the lone Warren vote. now to four. I think the biggest obstacle for her after the field shrinks us to not get cancelled out by bernie.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If I were forced to vote for a Democrat she’d be my pick.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They believe the things they say will get them more votes than the next guy

19. TheOrangeEmpire

I think they’re the sincere and honest with their beliefs.

I’m not for changing the economic system which is the only way their policies would ever work.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Wouldn’t even work then since it would be against human nature.

Would require lots of re-education on the population and that’s when the fun would start