POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think she would run if she thought she had a shot. I think she knows it would just divide the party and hand Trump an enormous advantage. She has to know she won’t have the backing she had in 2016.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would not be surprised in the least if some power brokers were encouraging her to get in.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

All hail TD, the 8th’s soothsayer.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I hope there is more to this or it’s taken out of context:

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If you mean democratic power brokers, I’m not sure I agree. For the Democratic Party, it’s just a bad idea.

Now if you’re talking just big donors in general who simply want an alternative to Trump? Yeah, I could see that.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think this is from a long time ago. I can’t remember the context, though.

7. CardinalVol

I think there are some northeast financial sector folks who want her.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I’m sure. Warren is terrifying for the economy if she does 1/3 of what she says she will

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

agreed

10. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Paraphrased, but not far off.

SEN. ELIZABETH WARREN (D-MA): My, I’m so sorry for the family here and I know this is hard and not only for the family but for the people in her community, the people throughout Iowa. But one of the things we have to remember is we need an immigration system that is effective, that focuses on where real problems are.

Last month, I went down to the border and I saw where children have been taken away from their mothers. I met with those mothers who had been lied to, who didn’t know where their children were, who hadn’t had a chance to talk to their children. And there was no plan for how they would be re-unified with their children.

I think we need immigration laws that focus on people who pose a real threat and I don’t think mom’s and babies are the place that we should be spending our resources. Separating a momma from a baby does not make this country safer.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._on_real_problems_like_family_separation.html

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh no, the Ponzi scheme is scared. wealthy folks may end up living like... the poors!

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

looks like the tweet was a major distortion of what she said in your post to me.

13. CardinalVol

And the entire world economy is built off that ponzi scheme. When major players decide they no longer want to participate in said scheme, trouble happens.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

banks not lending hurts the poor more than the rich

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it’s not a Ponzi scheme by any normal definition of it

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

ah yes, Warren's plan for the economy is to no longer participate in it.

A ponzi scheme has victims. it is in fact doing that "picking winners and losers" thing. It isn't a free market. it may indeed hurt to get it corrected, but we can't keep ignoring problems because it hurts to set a bone.

17. CardinalVol

It's my sarcastic belief that the entire world economy is one big ponzi scheme.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nothing hurts the rich more than the poor. to be rich to a degree is to be resistant to economic pain to that same degree, by definition.

19. CardinalVol

Didn't say she wouldn't allow people to participate. Some may just choose not to.

Her plan could work a whole lot better than she wants it to cumulatively.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It relies on people putting more and more into and never drawing out of it. Seems like a ponzi scheme to me.