POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s currently “testing the waters” right now by getting her name out there. I think she probably underestimates the backlash she would receive. Those who cowed in 2016 will not do so this time around, IMO.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They have too much dirt on too many people in power. If she joins the race, she'll be running against trump.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I doubt it, but I have also been doubting she would enter the race this whole time, so who knows.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She won't be the nominee. She's done.

6. CardinalVol

Her or Bloomberg is getting in because northeast establishment wants them.

IP likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

Warren releasing her Medicare for All plan today. Says it'll cost $52T over 10 years with no tax increase on middle class to pay for it.

That't ain't happening.

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

she's playing semantics by saying the cost savings from the insurance will more than offset the tax increases.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My thing on government ran healthcare is going to be how is it ran after there's no more votes in it.

It's a lot like infrastructure. We do a horrible job at maintaining since there's no votes in it, but good at building new projects.

justingroves likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fire up the printing press.

Health insurance write over half a trillion a year in premiums. So that isn't even sniffing the 5 trillion a year she is talking about. That is a staggering number. If you do it right, there should be no way you have to spend that much money on healthcare. Other countries don't spend, per capita, what we spend by a factor of 2.

11. NorrisAlan

I do think we need to get rid of private insurance companies, as they are profit driven and are basically mafias and only give the illusion of choice.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

medicare for all would effectively end private insurance. every employer will drop their plan and every employee will pick it up because it will be so subsidized by the taxpayers and therefore cheaper than private insurance.

13. NorrisAlan

Of course. That would be one of the points of it.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We've screwed the health care market up with good intentions and failed programs.

I don't know what the answer is but it's not going to be easy or cheap fixing.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, no the market is working very well as a market. Pharmaceutical companies, medical suppliers, and most practitioners are doing quite well. cant afford a cadillac? make do with this pinto or hell, just walk

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Just because there’s money being made doesn’t mean it’s a free and efficient. It’s about as far from a free market as you can get

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

so long as lives depend on it, it won't be a free market

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It changes the dynamics but still needs to be as free as possible. Individuals need to also do a better job of being more involved in their health as well.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's a funny way to say the gubmint regulates it.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

show me an example of a medical free market that you wish to participate in or emulate