Denver vs. Seattle SB L

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 28, 2015.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I was giggling at that too. You should have waited longer to point it out though.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he was an mvp candidate. i'd hardly say they took it out of his hands.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

a) no one is declaring romo is the greatest of all time or even close to it. simply that he's clearly better than luck currently.

b) "receivers dropped balls" is as peyton manning of an excuse as anyone has ever made.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

It depends how you define mobility. Both are mobile in the pocket, where Ben is tougher to bring down (but Luck is also stronger than people think). Outside of it, Luck is faster and more of a threat to run.

I don't pay a ton of attention to metrics, but I'd point to his record, his touchdown total, his surrounding players and his actual skill set. If Luck throws for 200 yards in a game like Ben does sometimes, the Colts have no chance whatsoever of winning the game. As the team's only offense, he has to put up numbers in every single game for them to have a chance, and the defense knows that, but he keeps doing it and his team keeps winning. No other young QB since at least Peyton has handled that burden so well. And again, in talent (he's #1), football smarts, and production (4761 yards and 40 TDs) he's easily top five.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Hahaha thought it was interesting since the discussion of WRs. BTW, Cowboys had the lowest percentage.

Obviously Romo just throws a better ball.

6. NashVol11

I love this stuff, though. I also think you guys (and the general public) are too high on Wilson and too low on Flacco.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

1) Peyton ****ing Manning
    2) Who cares

My list :p

8. NashVol11

They ran the ball more than literally any other team in the NFL, did they not?

9. NashVol11

Lol. Norris is somehow winning this thread with only like 3 posts.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'll give you that luck has much better top end speed than rothlesberger, but luck has always had terrible vision when he runs the ball. i'd bet that statistically Roethlisberger makes more plays out of the pocket.

how many times has luck looked like shit for 3 quarters and got it together in the end? arguing that all the success is on luck and all the failures is on the other players is oh so peyton manning.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

please don't tell me you think flacco is better than Wilson.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

13. chavisut

Disagree completely about the terrible vision when running.

Furthermore, his vision and ability to throw on the run is top notch.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the guy runs straight into defenders.

it is, but he still isn't a top 5 qb. he's a top 10 qb.

15. NashVol11

I do, but it's more of a shot at Wilson than an endorsement of Flacco. The #1 key to success for NFL QBs is winning from the pocket, and Wilson limits Darrell Bevell's options because half the time he can't even see his receivers from there. So they run PA rollouts, read-option plays and stupid screen passes (I really hate WR screens) all the time. It works because of the threat of Lynch, but on a different team the defense would just play QB contain and he wouldn't be nearly as good.

Plus, Flacco isn't great during the season, but he beats every good QB and his mama in the playoffs, usually on the road. 2012 was arguably the best postseason by any QB in history.

16. NashVol11

So they were 3rd in rushing attempts and 31st in passing attempts. That's taking the ball out of Romo's hands. Only Dallas, Seattle, Houston and the Jets ran the ball more than they threw it.

The Broncos had to. Peyton sucked. That doesn't bother me haha

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wilson doesn't make mistakes. contrast that with your boy luck. in particular in the playoffs.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's #2 in lifetime qb rating. arguing he's a one year wonder is kind of silly. this is all perception. the perception is that luck is a great qb. the perception is that romo is a choke artist. the reality just doesn't fit that narrative. and once again, i'm not saying romo is great, just better than luck.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

19. NashVol11

[​IMG]

20. chavisut

If I'm taking a QB for the next decade, give me Luck.

For the next 3-5 years, I'll take AR.