Denver vs. Seattle SB L

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 28, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you really don't want to open that can.

Andrew luck against the patriots in the playoffs: 12/33 126 yards, 3.8 yards per attempt. 0 tds, 2 ints. 23 qb rating
    Russell Wilson: 12/21 247 yards, 11.8 yards per attempt. 2 tds, 1 int, 110 qb rating

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd still take Rodgers for 10 years.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I don't think he's a one-year wonder, and I agree the perception surrounding him is unfair. I just think that when he was the one carrying the offense, the way Luck has been since he was a rookie, the Cowboys weren't winning games. Having a dominant run game opens bigger windows in the passing game, making QBs look better and making interceptions go down, so both Romo and Wilson have 2014 numbers that make them look better than they actually are.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Know why defenses like playing with a lead? They know you're throwing, which means they can tee off on your QB--but it also means they can put all of their fastest rush/coverage guys on the field and not worry about size. That means more pressure, smaller windows, and tighter coverage. With guys like Richardson and Vick Ballard next to him, that's basically what Luck has been facing since day one and he's won anyway.