Deportations Cases Up 60% in LA

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jul 20, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you can do more than just "doubt," you could have a factual basis?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How would it be factual?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You've been around IP long enough, it's the one he agrees with

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm asking for which metric he wants to use. Not me. I am wanting to know what the factual basis of his doubt is. I didn't even suggest a metric. I asked for one.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dealer's choice.

Spoiler alert: no one cares.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

A record number of deportations, with a much larger number of formal removals. This contributed to a much lower recidivism.

Apprehensions were lower than in the Bush years, but that was likely influenced by a decline in illegal immigration and recidivism overall.

So if you doubt enforcement increased under Obama, you should cite apprehensions. Then I'll come back with all the other things. You can tell me I'm stupid and only cherry-pick the ones I agree with, and I'll get exasperated.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thank goodness the Obama administration has never manipulated numbers and we can trust that information 100%.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Conspiracy. It's everywhere.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just right here.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do we trust the 60 % figure, then?

If you google the Obama administration and immigration, you'll see that immigration rights groups criticized that administration throughout his term for being too zealous in deporting people. The narrative that he was soft on immigration is a manufactured one.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Trump's people are working the numbers, too. That's how you make yourself look better than you are. Don't recall suggesting the 60% number was sacrosanct.

Obama was criticized for all sorts of things over eight years, including the very opposite of what those immigrations rights groups bemoaned. Doesn't mean it's true.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

What it means at least some of it must be false, because criticisms were sometimes directly opposite. The demonization of Obama and the deflection from Trump is stunning. I know, you think I am just being biased. Because we can't trust numbers...

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It doesn't mean that.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

He was simultaneously too hard on illegal immigrants and did nothing?

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think the mere fact that he was criticized means anything. He was criticized for not being a natural born citizen, too.