"DNC is Debt-Ridden, Unpopular and Failing"

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Pretty frank look at the DNC.

The last bit of this, on Brazile, is damned near comical:
    Nice summation:
    Link: http://observer.com/2017/07/democratic-national-committee-failing-unpopular-debt/

For contrast, the GOP is setting records for donations in that same time:
    Will the Dems ever get their act together, and if so, when? Better - how?

Link: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/342795-rnc-raises-134m-in-record-setting-june-haul

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep, the GOP Reich shall reign 1,000 years.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I would be ok with both parties in their current state failing

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I think it would take a third party presidential win to finish the job

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

How is holding all of congress, the presidency, and soon the courts "failing?" People are kidding themselves.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think they are failing. It will be the same crap next election. Everyone will vote the same way they always vote or perhaps abstain. Either way the same two parties will dominate.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Exactly and therein lies the problem. Both sides want to point fingers at each other and take turns playing the victim, and all the while nothing changes. Except for a loss of respect.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It will change in 4 years and then people will point and yell about dems again

10. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Well even if Kennedy resigns and he is replaced by a constitutionalist we still have Roberts. We need 2 more solid originalists on SCOTUS. Then its in to the COS to add term limits and a GDP capped Balanced budget amendment. Thats just the minimum if we are to save the republic.

Who cares about party fund-raising. I haven't given to the RNC since 2004.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I've been trying to figure out how any of these politicians have impacted my life in any way. The only thing I've come up with is the health insurance. It will make it almost impossible for me to retire when I reach my retirement date in 2021. I will absolutely have to get a job, if only for health insurance, when I leave here. But, in all fairness, I'm not someone who will sit around the house for any amount of time after I retire. Anyone else think of any ways their life has changed?

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not being a business owner, no. I am free to do what I want when I want. I don't have any red tape. I happily pay my taxes and go to work and come home.

I had to pay $15 permit fee to raise my shed in the backyard, and as the inspector said that is mostly to make sure I am not building right on the property line.

I still try my best to keep up on what is going on just so stuff doesn't creep up on us over time.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Taxes increased, especially property, in order to cover the exist of suburbs who didn't want to be in Memphis, but still wanted to use Memphis Fire and police services, Memphis roads, etc.

Student loan payments greatly reduced under Obama, under a pay as you earn plan, that is based on percentage of income. I think Trump had talked about doing away with that? But so far, way way less.

Got a nice little rebate for my high efficiency AC units I had to replace this past year.

I can buy wine at Kroger now, which is great. But I still cannot if it is a Sunday, which is stupid.

I'm probably leaving some things out.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

15 coconuts? Hahaha. I pulled a permit a couple of weeks ago for a friend, it was an electric permit, but it was 240 coconuts. 240 is the minimum fee for electric permits.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I did get a rebate for replacing my windows.

One city down here is requiring any new home construction to use solar panels.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I just had to pay 500 dollars so I could get a septic tank permit. I had the freedom to dig an outhouse and live without electricity since that's tied to having a septic permit.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The solar shingles, or just panels somewhere?

I pitched to my accountant that if I took a solar panel about the size of a credit card, that recharged the backup battery on my thermostat, that that was technically a solar powered high efficiency system.

He didn't bite on that one, though. I have the hardest time finding crooked accountants.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Just be your own accountant and pester Card with any outstanding questions. That's what I do.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is true, along with 3 or 4 others.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've never understood these Sunday bans on alcohol, at all.