Does Butch coach against UK?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 21, 2017.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Not my definition of 'Simple Loss'

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You are overthinking.

alumvol08 likes this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'll leave this here, interpret how you will. Personally, looks to me like he's ready to fire butchy's ass. Or that he's had a burrito and it's starting to turtle out.

4. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

wishful thinking, actually.

but still... really? why are there so many calling for his head after today's loss? .... the only way I felt he'd get fired after today is if we'd lost by about 60.... not 35ish..

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't think anyone would be happy after a beatdown and hearing that damn Rammer Jammer song.

Minus Butch, that is. He's getting millions to lose

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The only hope of beating Kentucky is to rally behind an interim.

There was no hope of beating Bama.

I think Butch is done by lunch Monday

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

No one wants him to reap the bountiful harvest of Fulvember.

reVOLt likes this.
  8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

The benchlicking idiot will be on the sidelines in Lexington and we will beat them by two TDS. He's probably not gone until the end of the season. He thinks he can get the UNC job though. He's leaving but not as soon as we want.

And despite the fact that whoever we hire will be better than butch Jones I'm no longer confident it will be anything to get overly excited about.

9. cotton

You say these things with a great degree of certainty, as if you know something.

Do you know something?

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Do you? Share with the class, please.

11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Unless I hear it with my own ears I have to say no.

12. I can’t see UNC giving him a cursory look. That mouth-breather is headed for a school like Kansas or Nevada at best. More likely to the Kent States of the world.

13. cotton

I think we have the wrong man coaching football. I think anybody with any sense can see this. I think Currie has any sense.

There were reasons not to make a change before today. I don't think there are reasons not to make a change before Kentucky.

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What were the reasons to not make a change before today?

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s my opinion that if you didn’t do it after Georgia it’s a pretty shitty thing to do to an interim to say “Ok, now get ready for Bama.”

That might have nothing to do with it

16. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

What if you don't pull the trigger this week and end up at 7-5?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's still fired

18. cotton

And what's the reason to do it before Bama, anyway, to give the fans a head on a pike? We weren't going to beat them with Jesus coaching. But Currie can travel, and talk to agents, and interview people with relative privacy so long as he doesn't pull the trigger. That changed after today. Everyone now knows Butch is finished, and there is reason to try to pull the team out of the ditch--to salvage a bowl season and prep for next year.

Yesterday, there was no upside and possibly some downside to making a change. Tomorrow there is no downside and some possible upside.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a wheel route?

Volguy1971 and hohenfelsvol like this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I did not find his post to be pious.