Drew Richmond

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 3, 2018.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Lost cause.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Move him to G

NYY likes this.
  3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He'll get replaced next year. I don't think this staff is going to have 2 years of patience with him. Especially since this is not a surprise altogether. You can argue that coaching is the issue once. That normally doesn't fly multiple times.

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I agree.

Back up G and goaline FB

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Former Vol and NFL offensive lineman Tim Irwin on Drew Richmond:

"I don't think they wash his uniform very much because I don't think he ever gets it dirty. I don't think he plays with a lot of effort and I don't think he's that gifted. He looks slow and methodical and I don't see a lot of fire in him. We were so excited when he came here and he hasn't panned out. I hate to call out an individual like that, but I think it's the truth in that case. I don't think he plays with a lot of emotion and a lot of fire. Maybe his ability is not as good as I thought it was when he came here. I thought we had our tackle problem solved when we got him."

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Offensive line play is often times like rebounding in basketball. It’s a want to thing.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Ability is something you definitely desire. But "want to" must come first. Amazing how much better players become when they want to put in the time and effort to improve.

NYY likes this.
  8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Tim Irwin has been my hero ever since I saw his band and while playing he had an open bud heavy sitting in his T-shirt pocket.