Ed O: Not opposed to being a DL coach

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Hoss Diesel, Jun 26, 2014.

1. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Cutcliffe's success at Duke makes it hard for me to think the game passed Fulmer by. He simply lost a lot of quality assistants, replaced them with losers, then was extremely slow to make changes. Had he been aggressive with the offensive staff post-Cutcliffe (1999) we could have taken over the SEC.

3. KenTenn

I like the man. A lot. But you got to wonder why no one else ever hired him. When he left coaches were and have been getting hired right and left. Nobody looked at Fulmer even when he put feelers out.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

One year of experience doesn't turn the worst defense in school history into a top 20 defense.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No reason to hire him. He let the program slide for years and only took initiative to fix things when the masses were outside the gate with torches and pitchforks. That's not someone I'd want to hire, either.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unless you were in the torches and pitchforks market. Then it is a home run hire.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He hasn't found a school that's made it through his interview process.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Nobody hired him because he wasn't very good. He took over a machine that was one of the best in college football and made it a crater.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yet, college football is littered with examples of similar jumps.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Usually under a new coach. Dallas just had the worst defense in franchise history under monte too.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Dooley sucks so bad that it infected the defense too.

12. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

#sarcasm

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

To be fair to Monte, Sean Lee and DeMarcus Ware are the only 2 defensive players worth a shit and they both went down early in the season

14. KenTenn

Justingroves, looking at your avatar makes me wonder why the UT doesn't use it anymore, especially as a TV logo. Nothing like it in CFB and it looks so badassed. Kind of like, "You want some of this? You freaking sure about that? Then die you witless sucker!" I'd love to see it touched up a bit so it shows more clearly when used as a logo on TV during games. maybe some photoshopper can do this and hawk it to the UT?

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Naw

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

+1