Eight Day Countdown to 2022 season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 24, 2022.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Because she was a miserable [vagina]. She was one of the "I don't understand why everyone is obsessed with football/sports are stupid/Tennessee sucks" people and scheduled it on a gameday because she knew it would piss people off. Fortunately, not long after her wedding, my wife finally realized she was a [itch bay] and hasn't talked to her since.

Living in Knoxville, I run across women somewhat regularly that have that mindset in regards to Tennessee football. Almost like they think it makes them cool or interesting to hate what the majority of the city enjoys. Fortunately for me, my wife loves football and will raise hell at the game just like I do.

Edit: We can't say [vagina]? What about [unt cay]?

justingroves likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was going to a game one time and there was a wedding at Crescent Bend. People were getting pissed because they couldn't leave. I did not feel an ounce of sympathy.

3. CardinalVol

Had friends at church whose daughter got married at some little church on Chapman Highway downtown. The mom was complaining to someone that there were no hotel rooms downtown that weekend and couldn't figure out why, and I told her "because it's the UT/Georgia game". No one in her family had even considered the thought. Wedding was at 2 and it was a 3:30 kickoff. Told her she better tell them to get there early.

IP likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

There really are two americas. I don't understand how some people are totally oblivious to sports when it dominates the culture.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Especially in a place like Knoxville when it can very practically affect things like driving across town

IP likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

Yup. I get that you don't like sports. That's fine. But when you are planning a major fall event at least check the calendar.

IP likes this.
  7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Was asked to play in a charity golf tourney this Oct. 1st thing I did was look at Vols schedule.

Sent kudos to organizers for selecting Saturday when we were not playing.

P.S. I'm lucky. My wife enjoys all things Vols, sports-wise.

NorrisAlan and CitrusCo.Vol like this.
  8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah. Even the non-NASCAR fans over here know to stay off the road during Race weekends at Charlotte Motor Speedway. A week before and a week after, everybody and their brother thinks they are Dale Earnhardt incarnate, drafting you on the interstates around here.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I might need to read these posts to my wife as a part of negotiating better terms this fall.

10. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

As does mine, along with NFL and golf. She will even watch gameday from start to finish.

Poppa T and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

My wife and I are flying out of the country the day of the Florida game. That is how badly I need a vacation right now (and how hard it is to plan with three kids under 7 and the nearest grandparents 500 miles away). Flying back on the bye weekend, so at least there’s that.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

There are other fish in the sea.

13. CardinalVol

SMH

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The other option was to fly out the week of the Akron game and fly back during the Florida game. Between our work schedules and the schedules of people offering to babysit, it was slim pickings

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Get a vasectomy

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because they are miserable twats

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, that was a mistake. I married a demon.

You know what she said? She said if they actually won meaningful games she would take my wanting to watch them more seriously. But all it does is make me upset.

Cut me to the bone.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've been with her 7 years, all she has known of tennessee football is butch jones, on.

[uck fay].

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea I'd hate Tennessee football too if I was coming from her perspective.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

If you graduated from UT on any level, you can play the alumni card, no matter the level of suck.

If not, look for a beloved relative, friend, etc with connection. Play the "I grew up in Tennessee" card.