Employer Mandate Delayed Again

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Feb 10, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought that was what folks wanted?

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No, we want the entire law gone.

If it's so bad that they've had to delay implementation this long, then why are we still trying to implement it?

4. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Republicans are probably hoping to delay it until the next administration can abolish it, granted that the next administration is GOP.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I doubt it would be an easy task. The best outcome for the GOP might honestly be to have everything implemented ASAP so the ensuing madness destroys democrats in the next round of elections.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

What a shitty system.

7. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Yeah, a lot of people would be ****ed in the process though.

8. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

to quote a colleague's phillipino grandmother, "you can get used to anything. you can get used to hanging if they stretch the rope out slow enough."

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hard to understand why so much money is sitting on the sideline with such a business friendly environment

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not a priority for politicians.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

People getting screwed over in the future by changing the system back would be as much of an issue as people getting hurt now, or getting hurt before. That is to say, mere background noise for the folks in Washington.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not so sure I agree that reverting would rival the eminent screw over. The screwing over is just getting revved up.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They just want more power and money

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not as much of a believer as I was a few months ago, and I was more of an apologist even then. I don't understand how after this much money and time they are having trouble implementing this in a stream-lined way, or why they've allowed the system to be a monstrous hybrid of the worst of both worlds for consumers.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure they want more power. It is practically absolute. They're just maintaining it, and raking in money.

Someone pointed out to me that if it wasn't for the ACA, the Republicans really wouldn't have a top tier issue right now. The deficit is shrinking, immigration has flat-lined, and we ended up avoiding conflict in Syria. The ACA may well be the fuel the Republicans need to make some gains.

Thanks, Obama.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my guess is they are negotiating with the larger employers to not dump their programs and pay the fine which politically and financially would be a disaster for obamacare.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The deficit part is tricky, but for the general publics attention it would work. I still think the stock market is about to correct and it could get messy.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gee, maybe they should have simply set a low minimum of coverage initially, and saw how things went. In other words, not render invalid coverage that didn't include child birth and all.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's already on life support. People aren't signing up and paying, and the ones that are at the highest risk. The pools are quickly becoming toxic.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think a tanking stock market will make people already inclined to vilify the rich do anything but blame the rich.