Everyone shouldn't get a trophy: This guy gets it.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Jun 12, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

another aviation failure. sounds like nasa et all need to get their asses in gear.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

They will be magnetized in such away that they can't touch each other. I've thought a lot about this.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Not all. Some. I don't know if it is more than previous generations or not.

Even with a convoluted and loaded definition of invention, he's still wrong. Life is vastly different than it was in 1972 given the relatively short time frame. We may not use transport beams and jetpacks to traverse the globe, but just about every single aspect of living is better.

That's a little like saying that the Renaissance wasn't all that revolutionary because people already knew how to sculpt and paint; all those Italians did was make a series of minor improvements on earlier innovations.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Are we talking the alien crafts bouncing off our jets in Independence Day here?

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This is an extreme example and not reflective of any inclusion classroom I've ever seen.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

No problem.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I've seen multiple ones like what Jay has witnessed. Now it is the extreme side, I agree. But it is happening more and more. And frankly, everyone loses.

8. JayVols

Your wife's friend is spot on. Happens all the time.

And yes, they want her in those classes. My understanding is that their first reaction to not getting their way is to threaten a lawsuit. Naturally, the system caves and gives them what they want reinforcing the behavior.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's awful and sad.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

People have always liked to [itch bay] and moan, just don't put up with it.

Welfare is the biggest reason of this mindset of feeling that the world owes you a living, IMO.

11. JayVols

Come to my school. It's the norm. I've been at 6 different schools (2 student teaching) and it's been the same at those schools as well.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

More worried about buildings.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Sounds more like proof of a spineless coach than any grand statement on society.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Bob Knight has said it a million times and he's been right each time. "Kids haven't changed. Adults have." All these awesome previous generations all seem to forget who raised the generations of ne'er do well riff raff that followed them.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Yep.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I agree it takes a spineless coach or administration. But this has become a widely accepted practice around the area.

17. JayVols

Care to pm me as to the school? If not, I understand.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Tried to. You have a storage issuec with your pm box, Jay.

19. JayVols

Try now.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

A thousand times, yes