Eye floaters

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Nov 1, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

Anyone ever had one? I just developed one in my left eye and it's annoying as [uck fay]. From what i have read, it's common and there is not much you can do about it.
    As i type this i'm wondering to myself why the [uck fay] am i starting a thread about this.
    Too late.. Hitting submit.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I have one major and annoying one, and lots of little ones. It is more apparent in a bright, white lit room, or reading on the computer screen, due to a bright, white background. I've had one for a long, long time, though.

Can also be a sign of retinal detachment. Mine isn't, though.

3. WM

WM Active Member

Im just assuming mine isn't because of a retinal detachment. My annual eye exam is in a few months so i will just wait it out.
    I assumed it was something on my contacts until i put on my glasses and that same annoying flicker kept floating around my eye.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If it is just one, I'd probably ride it out too. You change your contacts out frequently, or sleep in them? Good way to get microcysts if you sleep in them, or don't change them out, and unless they clear up, the OD won't give you contacts. Which is annoying as hell.

5. WM

WM Active Member

Change them out nightly. Eyes get too dry to go past a day in them. I do tend to stretch out the two week lifespan to two months or so.

6. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

I think I've had some before. They've gone away pretty quickly

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably a loose wire from the camera the government implanted behind your eyeball to keep tabs on you.

8. egotistical

egotistical New Member

I've had one for the past month. It went away for a week and then came back after I went to my eye appointment.

9. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

I have a bunch of them. Some aren't even spots, some look like squiggly lines. I've had them forever. Like float said, it's a lot worse in bright light.