POLITICS Fake News

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jan 23, 2020.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I do not believe that many would be to this degree. Obama and W would probably be closest, but I don't think it was this bad.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I was looking through some old, old emails for a thing last night and came across one of those chain emails people send from time to time, and it was something like "If Bush Quit Today, Here Would be His Speech." And a pretty big time business person in Memphis reply'd all to the chain and just blasted the email, and W.

The only thing I thought was "Man, how little times have changed."

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

twitter and social media didn't exist before W. that makes a huge difference in how much opportunity you have of intersecting with extreme opinions.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you don't think people would tweet at Obama "you shoulda been on the plane" or "wished it was you who died" to Obama when sending out condolences? How crazy of you. Being that it just happened and nobody said hey Obama, wish you were dead too...
    People would've been hunted down. Now it's, "he brought it on himself." Bullshit. Everybody is responsible for their own actions. I didn't like or hate previous presidents really, not Bill or Obama, which was all about getting a black man as President so somebody was going to be picked and fine with the reasoning behind it. Seeing 70 year old white men supposedly speak for others has always bothered me and one of many reasons I despise politicians. They don't speak for me so speaking for a young non white kid has to seem silly. Gave a lot of people without hope, hope.
    Then their party [uck fay]ed them over again for 8 more years. They got zilch for their votes in California, chicago, NY and Miami, which carries most of the country for the dems. I hear about founding fathers woulda done this or that but fact is 90% of these people would be hanging for the shit they have said or done if the FF's knew about it. Politicians on all sides. Beheaded or hung. If they want to talk about the FF's, ask them about this shit show.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If you can't see it's more extreme with Trump, I don't know what to tell you. People disliked Obama, but we there weren't all these friendships dissolving left and right over it. Just here, how many posters have we lost from the Trump fallout?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

hmm, that's not really on trump. they left because of interactions here. trump doesn't post here.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I also don't remember so many Obama supporters enjoying the "triggering" of others. Hell, the president's son wrote a book titled and celebrating the concept, even promoting his supporters to video themselves getting liberals angry for fun during Thanksgiving gatherings.

I mean, none of this happened to a great extent under Bush, either.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

didn't know about that Thanksgiving thing. good grief.

Trump has brought harmony to my family. The conservatives in my family don't like him at all.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well there was definitely a good bit of "U mad bro?" after he was initially elected. And not long after that you were pretty much a racist or a Fox News zombie if you questioned anything.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The fox news zombie stuff was always silly. Zombies crave brains, which is pretty antithetical to Fox News as a brand.

The Dooz likes this.
  11. Unimane

And, I have been called an American-hating commie since the 90s by a host of people. The disagreements have been there for a long time. However, the degree of the rancor, just like the lying, are of an exponentially different level under Trump as is the reveling in the provocation of others. It's different, very different under him for very obvious reasons and causes, Trump himself.

12. Unimane

Yeah, it was Jr., one of the three gigantic pieces of shit within the family, along with Eric and their dad. I don't talk with my family about politics anymore. It used to be fun because it was about issues and differences of opinion. Now, it's simply about him and there's no way to argue if your primary position is based upon a person. I really can't believe his narcissism has infected the country's landscape to the degree it has. It's extremely disheartening.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, we just now have social media to amplify things. People think things are getting worse when in reality we just have easier access to all the madness.

justingroves likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They are getting worse. Doesnt matter the reason or if it's always happened. There are more people, more outlets and more access for people to give and hear opinions. Many more channels with much more fake news everywhere, manipulating people's opinions more than ever.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

hearing a critique of him from a religious conservative is really something, angles and takes that are fresh because so many people of faith are silent of him or make special exceptions for him. when they compared obama to him favorably, I almost fell out of my chair. they did not like obama but for entirely policy related reasons.

Unimane likes this.
  16. fl0at_

I know man, it's almost as bad as with that Lincoln guy, who was from like a couple years ago, right?

17. fl0at_

Oh man, y'all remember all those tweets and CNNs from the 1960s when we were going to have to pay fealty to the Pope due to electing a Catholic?

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty tough to compete with the high-minded “ya’all and yer maps” bit.

justingroves likes this.
  19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Feel free to ask the people that do remember those days and report back.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nothing like the Mensa chapter over a Fox and Friends.