Fall Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Aug 3, 2018.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I just don't think JG is that good.

Hope he proves me wrong.

2. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Guarantano didn’t get the ball until the team already quit on Butch and gave up on the season.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Between the ears?

zehr27 likes this.
  4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think his biggest issue is between his ears. He has talent. imo

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Having 1 read instead of 3 or more while having to decide whether to hand off or keep it while making the reads should make a difference. Butch qbs asked to do too much, which is why dobbs was best when running for his life.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Dormady was awful. Inaccurate and threw a bunch to the other team.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gets a pass, butch factor.

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Does JG not get the same pass?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. And then a month later he was on the bench and we had the worst offense in team history.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It wasn't any better with him than without. He played all four quarters of that embarrassment against UMass and did [uck fay] all against UGA before he got hurt. And he wasn't that good against UF either. He just gave the ball to John Kelly against a terrible UF defense.

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/quinten-dormady-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jarrett-guarantano-1.html

Same amount of pass attempts last year. JG has better completion % and passer rating. Also has 4 less interceptions. Oh and he can also run better.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Definitely, I think I've said as much in the spring practice thread. They all do. They aren't all gonna suddenly be rock stars, but this is going to be a fresh start.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That awful game against UMass stacks up favorably to almost every game Guarantano played last year. He was a loose cannon that made some wild throws, but we could at least move the ball through the air from time to time. We just didn't have that with Guarantano or McBride.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hmmm, Pruitt allowing the idea of a QB competition to remain out there for the entirety of camp. Seems familiar...

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He didn't really move the ball that much. Outside of GT he was miserable, and he was saved by Calloway, who we didn't throw to much after the Florida game.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He showed the ability to get the ball in the vicinity of a receiver, even if he was throwing with poor form. Guarantano showed nothing. No throwing. No mobility. Nothing. He was 2008 Crompton.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Ok.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not trying to say he was Manning, Jr, but saying he shouldn't have seen the field because we had Guarantano is a little crazy. Guarantano saw the field plenty and we were even awful-er with him.