Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fl0at_, Jun 4, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Fallout 4 was the first I played and it is a great game. Was hoping 76 wouldn't be dumb

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nearly everything you listed has seen better days or hasn't released anything in ages.

The Witcher was awesome, but it was released 3.5 years ago.

GTA 5 is great, but it was released 5 years ago, and it's biggest claim to fame is its online play.

I'm a big time Final Fantasy fan, and even I admit that they haven't put out a truly worthwhile game in ages.

Fallout 4 was pretty solid, but it's pretty widely agreed that this latest installment is a dud.

Fable? Wasn't the last one of these Fable 3? That was released 8 years ago!

Bioshock is another that hasn't released anything in 5 years, right?

Assassin's Creed is extremely hit or miss. I won't comment on Odyssey, since I haven't played it, but despite Origins' positive reviews, I couldn't get into it at all. And I think most people agree that the installments between that one and the Ezio trilogy were pretty weak. Ezio trilogy was awesome, but that's way in the past.

The only game you mentioned that I haven't played is KotOR. While each one you mentioned was great at some point, a lot of them were great in their early installments (Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed) but have dwindled as they've gone on, and others haven't put anything out in ages. The number of quality single player, offline, story-based games out there is shrinking, and I fully expect that to continue.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What are esports?

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Played this a bit earlier this week, and didn't really think much of it. There were some cool mechanics that I've never seen from other games, like crafting and all that, but its a decently big world, and I couldn't fast travel anywhere. Also there wasn't much to do from point to point. I barely got into the story, so maybe it gets better, but that was not enticing me to play anymore.

As far as good single player games go, speak for your gatdamn self. I've played about twice as many single player games in the last 5 years than I did before, and there have only been a few I haven't enjoyed. Unchartered 4 was great, the Yakuza series is great, Hellblade was great, MGS:V was great, I didn't get much play time with Horizon Zero Dawn, but I had fun playing it, and Detroit:Become Human is with Yakuza 6 and GT Sport as my favorite games of the year. And I don't do much multiplayer stuff with GT Sport anyways.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Competitions where you play computer games instead of throwing a ball.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven’t heard of half of these. I do remember seeing the commercials for the Detroit game. Maybe I’ll give it a try.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Spoke to a few people I met in GTA and play with online from time to time. They said the game is not nearly as bad as reviews say it is and that they think people are just piling on.

I’m definitely not buying it for now, but I’ll keep an eye on it and see if anything changes.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Sounds like a you problem

10. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

They've hardly shrunk. Those are only the most popular names. There are literally dozens of titles out there that don't have the brand recognition of those games. That said, go play KotOR I & II. Easily my favorite RPG of all time and nails the excellent story-telling you're looking for.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Detroit: Become Human was fantastic. Extremely entertaining. My only complaint was the ambiguity between some of the choices you could make. Sometimes it just gave you a single word that didn’t necessary mean what you might think. There were a number of specific pieces that frustrated me, but overall, great story!

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Anyone looking for a decent game, The Division is $9.99 on PSN right now.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did this ever get better?

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Been playing Division 2 lately. It's outstanding.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Going to trade in RDR2 and pick it up.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Fallout TV series seems like a bad idea.