Fantasy Baseball 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Duckman, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

15 min

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sorry y'all. My internet is going haywire and it appears that any strategy I have has gone out the window. Just letting it auto draft now.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The last league I was in, I needed more intricate spreadsheets to be competitive in it than what I use at work. It was a bit much.

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Not my best work this year. We'll see how the season goes.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm not sure how I did. I don't keep up with baseball that much so if a name sounded familiar to me I drafted them. I'll find out at work tomorrow from my die hard baseball fan co-worker how I did.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Had to auto. Moving into the new house this weekend. Can't wait to see some of my surely mind-numbing picks.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The last two fantasy leagues have been won an autodrafter.

8. TennTradition

I won the last baseball league and I didn't auto draft.

Broyles did auto draft the football league - focker beat me in the championship.

Am I missing a league between those?

I just looked at my fantasy team. Please remind me to never again allow autodraft to rule my fantasy team. I've got to spend some time seeing how I can clean it up.

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I need to check mine

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Where the heck is the scoring breakdown?

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What do you mean? Just look in "Matchup". 5 batting stats (R, HR, RBI,SB, AVG), 5 pitching stats(W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP). If you're leading the category, you get a point.

12. TennTradition

Anyone have an extra SS that he is interested in discussing a trade for? Would also talk about 2B.

13. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

When you play your opponent each week, you match up against them in 10 statistical categories (HRs, RBIs, Saves, Wins, etc) that are totaled throughout the week. If you win 6 of these categoris, but lose 4, you win the match up and have a record of 6-4 going into next week. If you only win 2 of them and lose 8 , your record is 2-8 going into the next matchup. Etc, etc.

Your score against your opponent each week throughout the season gets thrown in with your record at the end of each Sunday and makes up your combined wins, losses, and ties. So if you went 6-4 the first week and then 2-8, your record going into week 3 would be 8-12.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  14. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I am getting absolutely merked this week.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Yes. I have Andrus.

16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

For anyone in need for a decent closer, I'm willing to give up Edward Mujica or Jim Henderson in return for a 1st or 2nd baseman

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Who runs the team named "?"

18. WM

WM Active Member

Me

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Sent you a pm.

20. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Bump for playoffs. For the handful of members that are still keeping up with this and have a spot locked up, they start tomorrow.