Fast Food Strike in 100 Cities

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

2. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I can't help but to chuckle at the entitled mentality of people in today's society. Wonder how many of those striking will be working at those places again?

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I saw another story on another channel. They interviewed a divorced single mother of 2 also on public assistance who is striking. It is not her choices that are the problem. It is not her ex-husband(s) that are the problem. McDonalds is the problem.

4. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I received no financial support from my parents and applied for loans and worked full time to help pay tuition for college. I got a math degree. After 15 years my final payment will be due in August. To hell with them.

5. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

At least they are working, but they are idiots.

6. g8terh8ter_eric

Single mothers make the world go 'round, according the Obama. So, it's gotta be McDonald's fault.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the one I thought was humorous was the "why should people have to work on thanksgiving!" protestors last week. I probably worked on thanksgiving 5 or 6 times when I was younger and I was happy to get the 1.5 times pay.

8. syndicate

I enjoy single moms too. I show my appreciation $1 at a time.

9. g8terh8ter_eric

So, you're a "rain" man?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Irresponsible sluts wanting a living wage. Just awful.

11. syndicate

I consider it more of a light mist. Got to leave them wanting more.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Much better to just subsidize these companies' employees through government programs. More efficient.

It has been said that people on these programs are lazy and don't work. Then there is a story about working people who want to be paid enough so they aren't dependent on social programs... If you want these people to just go away and die, say so.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

poor bastards have no choice where to work. how I hate our caste system.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

exception proves the rule. got it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, there are jobs everywhere. Just oodles of good jobs.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think it's your responsibility to figure out how to live on what you make, not to demand to make enough to live on what you have.

The reason fast food workers don't make "a living wage" (whatever the hell that means) is because a retarded monkey can do your job. I worked fast food in high school, it was the easiest job ever. I'm honestly surprised robots haven't taken those jobs yet.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

glad we agree

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

What exception? Are you saying these people are exceptional? Are you saying they shouldn't be working full time and still have to depend on social programs because of their wage?

No, of course not. They should go get better jobs. Duh. Let them eat cake.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've told IP this 500 times but he doesnt' seem to get it. the vast majority of people who work jobs at minimum wage are students and illegal immigrants.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

There aren't oodles of jobs. There are very few jobs out there. You know, that thing you usually say is Obama's fault?

In fact, could you explain which is it? Is the economy bad and there are no jobs, or are there plenty of good jobs? Your world view seems to be conflicting.