Fast Food Strike in 100 Cities

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Also not letting the internet and tv raise your kids for you would help too. Kids haven't changed. It's the trash raising them now.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Isn't all that you mentioned (that I agree with) "education" as well?

3. JayVols

So "education" isn't the key to get out of poverty???

I'm confused.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I believe the great society is the biggest issue. It went from a hand up to a life style and the lost of personal responsibility

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

actually mtv did a study and showed that kids who watched teen mom were less likely to get pregnant than otherwise. it makes sense. that show shows what happens when you get pregnant as a teenager. i'd hardly call it glorifying pregnancy. that's the sort of stuff we need to educate kids about.

6. JayVols

And why is it watered down?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, but parents doing it instead of a teacher.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Because we have a bunch of [ussies pay] for leadership that's always afraid of offending someone.

9. JayVols

No argument there.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Show an uncensored birth daily.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ding ding ding ding ding

first we'd have to admit there is an actual problem caused by people's own actions rather than it being society's faulty.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have no problem with teaching sex ed in school. You can spend all day long showing kids how to put condoms on bananas or whatever you want to use as a phallus. IMO it wont put a dent into the number of people having children they can't afford and depending on others to help pay for them.

13. JayVols

But I thought the popular belief was that public schools are to blame for everything?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Bingo! That would be the best sex education.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

better yet. show the teen mom getting up 5 times a night to feed the kid instead of going out with her friends.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what? the popular belief among liberals are that public schools are the solution to everything. throw money at it and we turn into some European utopia.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It may be, but it's not mine.

I think there are some truly lazy pieces of shit teaching, but that doesn't reflect on the majority of teachers. I think the standardized testing is bullshit. I think there's a lot wrong with public schools but the teachers aren't, for the most part, what's wrong with them.

I don't blame public schools for much. I think there's far too many parents that treat it as a daycare.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

19. JayVols

I'm all for that. Plus, the students should be shown the restrictions that children put on your life- over an extended period of time. See. This is real education. Take the gloves off and quit preaching abstinence only.

20. JayVols

I see. So it's a yes seeing how this board is anything but a bastion of liberalism.