Federal Government tries to block Alabama Immigration Law

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Oct 10, 2011.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Try to cross the border without any ID. Try to just walk across it out in the desert. It isn't as easy as you think. Coyotes make a lot of money guiding across for a reason.

You will NEVER be able to control that long of a border through sheer manpower, unless we deploy our entire military there. The only way to control the border is to dry up the things that are allowing illegals to have worthwhile opportunities here.

Droski talked about welfare fraud & the like. That would be more of a "source" of illegal immigration than not having a 3000 mile long fence.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We just need about 1,733 snipers, give or take.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

They better be pretty good, to hit those little Mexican peasant children.

We could probably do it with a third of that number of snipers by positioning them in Home Depot parking lots and popping any driver that slows down to hire someone.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I 100% agree with this, but our Federal Government is afraid to take action like Georgia, Alabama, and Arizona. The enforcement is completely ignored after these cockroaches get into our country. Give States the ability to enforce something that the Federal Government is afraid to do itself. There are a ton of people in my county alone that are here illegally.......Im sure you will ask me how I would know.....well one good way to find out is to actually check the citizenship of people, I have no problem at all providing a birth certificate and proper documentation when I am asked to for myself and/or my family.

7. fl0at_

One of Carlos Hathcock's longest kills was on a 12 yr old Vietnamese kid. Granted, he did have a weapon, in his bike... at nearly a mile away. So, I suppose there was danger?

Not sure how that solves the border crossing problem. Would damn sure solve the Home Depot problem though. Viva la Lowes.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

float, that is just it. There seems to be a disconnect with people when it comes to this issue. If they aren't being hired as housekeepers and construction workers, they aren't crossing the border to come here. If they can't go to the Home Depot and get hired to do work for a day for an amount that would take almost a week for back home, they aren't coming.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're human beings, and you would do whatever it takes to improve your family's condition as well if you were born an underclass Mexican peasant with no chance to change your social standing in your home country. I am not excusing illegal immigration, but I am not going to wash some false immorality over it or act like it is occurring in a vacuum.

10. fl0at_

I like to think people come for the chance to better themselves and their future generations. You greedy money driven bastage.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unfortunately, bettering yourself requires money.

12. fl0at_

Doesn't everything. South Park episode Wednesday was pretty good. Was on the border issue, actually.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there isn't work for all of them unfortunetely. at least not here. i do think a fence would certainly help things. would it be worth the cost? maybe not. but don't tell me 10 feet of concrete can't keep people out.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You understand economics, Droski. If you put up a concrete fence, you have crashed the "supply" of illegal access to the US. Demand would remain the same. Thus, the value of getting across would sky-rocket. Folks would be be digging under or blowing holes in that fence all over the place for the profit of being able to get guys across. The scale of the border, and of any fence, would be too great to manage and maintain. Also, as the "value" of getting someone across sky-rocketed, so would the violence employed to do so.

You have to spearhead this economically first.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

obviously teh best way to stop it is to put people who hire illegals in jail or at least fine the shit out of them. i realize we need some labor from down south, but i think what gets lost is the pure volume of illegal immigration particurally in teh border states. i honestly don't think the cheap labor is anywhere worth the cost (education, crime, hospitals, welfare, medicaid, etc). it was at one point, but the labor supply has to be at least twice the demand at this point. and what do desperate people with no jobs do? they commit crimes whether welfare fraud or violent ones. therefore the obvious solution is to fine the crap out of people who hire them AND allow a guest worker program AND get rid of the natural born citizen law (huge draw imo). a big ass fence wouldn't hurt much either

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here in Colorado, it is at an equilibrium. I think in the South and in the East there is still a slight deficit even. On the border, there is clearly a ridiculous surplus.

Jailing them would be too expensive. Again, I think we have to keep a hot white light on our own citizens who hire them and toss THEM in jail. Also, we absolutely have to change the law regarding citizenship for just being born on our soil . Have to.

Beyond finding and deporting everyone who is receiving illegal/fraudulent benefits, we would be doing a lot more harm than good to toss them out all at once. You could lock down the border with a "surge" type strategy for 18 months, and during that time find and register (and let them willingly register) every illegal in the country already as a migrant worker. From that point on, anyone hiring an unregistered migrant worker receives 10 years of jail and the forfeiture of their gains from that labor.

If you just tossed all the illegals out, there would be too great of a labor shortfall. Better to register the ones here (not give citizenship) and take the lesser evil of rewarding them for earlier breaking the law. That way future illegal immigration will be stifled due to their already being a "working class" of registered workers here, that have a vested interest in not letting new folks come in and take away from their labor pool/leverage.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The Federal Government doesn't want to touch the border issue. (that includes some on the right)
    The state governments are not much better on their end.

Having been to Saltillio, Mexico it easy to see that living here on the social system is far better than living there.

18. Beechervol

I agree with a lot of this.

19. Beechervol

It has become such an problem that "total deportation" is not real option. I don't mind the register option (with no citizenship) but it needs some strictly enforced stipulations.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The beauty of the register system is that it allows us to screen out convicts and criminals as well. If they attempt to register: they're gone. If they don't register and stay, they'll be squeezed out economically by those who are registered.