Fifa 15

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. VB

VB Member

It's just not how soccer works. That would never happen in real life. That's as simple as it gets really. You can lecture me to death about how you have this brilliant strategy but that's not soccer

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not that worried about it. My style of play doesn't change at all and I don't exploit the game. Full field high pressure defense and always perfect lobbed through balls aren't part of soccer either, but I see them at least every other game.

If you think I made it to division two simply because I switched two players positions, I think you're flat out wrong.

3. VB

VB Member

I'm not saying that's how you got to division two. People playing players out of position is my biggest [itch bay] about playing FIFA. People will have James and Isco playing CDM or some shit

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just came here to say hi to VB.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just like NCAA's safeties at DE's. Just not in the spirit of the game, imo.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah but those don't make sense. A CDM needs defense, and James and Isco both have major deficiencies in that area.

What does Robben lack that is necessary for a striker? Are you saying that Robben wouldn't be as good at striker as he is on the wing? If so, why?

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's really not even close to the same thing. That would be more like moving Ronaldo to CB or playing Rooney at CDM. This case is more like playing a DE at DT or a corner at safety.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it probably works in a video game, but Lewa is a pure #9 striker and Robben is a pure RW/RM. Both would be totally out of place in real life

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can see why that would be the case with Lewa, but why couldn't Robben play striker?

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

his game is dribbling and pace, and cutting in to his left foot and shooting or looking for a pass. the traditional #9 striker comes back to the ball, holds possession, lets the other guys get forward, and then has a mentality of running into channels looking for the ball. But what makes Robben so good is his pace, dribbling, and getting to that left foot.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's the problem I have with Lewa at the 9 in game though. I can't ever keep the ball with him. He's so clunky and lacks the physicality to keep from being pushed off the ball.

In all honestly though, I prefer my striker to be able to move and dribble. Someone like Aguero is typically what I prefer. Maybe that calls for a different formation, but I prefer the 4-2-3-1 (2) because it's a great passing formation.

12. VB

VB Member

What's up scribbley

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone interested in starting a pro club? We've got what, 5 people on here who have the game? Me, VB, Webb, Lyls, and utvol? I've got a buddy at work who would probably join too. Would you guys be interested in trying to play? Could be a lot of fun if we can all manage to find a day/time that works.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm on PS4.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lameee. Get it for xbone.

Well we have 4 on here then, and my buddy makes 5. Still guaging interest

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sold my xbone, never used it other than playing Forza occasionally.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bump.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't know that I'm qualified to play a pro club

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Haha I think you'd be fine. It's really a completely different game from normal fifa. Our ability to work as a team would probably be infinitely more important than our individual skill levels.

20. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Ditto. I'm pretty bad. I always eventually get pissed and get a red card... Or three