Fifa 15

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

not at all

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

This thread has a little bit of a Toshiba undertone sometimes

3. JohnnyQuickkick

maybe it's the difference between PS4 and Xbox 360...isn't that what you said you were on, Indy?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The newer systems have extra features that older systems don't, so it wouldn't surprise me if gameplay has a drop off as well. Kind of shitty, but it is EA.

5. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

I have never played ultimate team and I never will. I buy fifa over PES for the licensing and realism. I play with Liverpool and try to make the game as real as possible. I adjust the sliders to suit my ability. If you go to operation sports there is a fifa forum. there are several posts on sliders. tinkering with things like first touch error, shot speed, etc greatly change the game. I love the game, i think its fantastic. out of the box no, but after adjusments it plays great

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have no idea which one to use. Are sliders different across different systems? Would you mind posting yours so I can try it out?

7. here to lurk

that's the thing, you use what's best for you and your playing style. I def get the frustration with out of the box playing of EA games. The folks at Operation Sports put a lot of time and effort into tinkering with different sets. A lot depends on what difficulty, games speed, and system you use.

this should get you started

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa-sliders/

8. here to lurk

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I appreciate all the assistance here to lurk. My brother and I have been testing different sliders to try to find the right fit. Hopefully it won't take too long.

I have a question for you guys. I know the XB1 and PS4 versions have different game modes to choose from, but do they still have "be a pro" mode? I ask because I ran into a problem. My pro just got selected by the U.S. national team for the World Cup, but it won't let me play any of the games. Is that normal? Makes zero sense to let me do the damn friendlies as a way to get selected, just to have the actual World Cup games not be playable. Anyone know what's up?

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone still playing? Figured it might be cool to post some of the players we have found to live up to their ratings and those who haven't.

Overachievers:

Reus - great speed, agility, and shot. Like him better than Neymar, Ribery, and Hazard

Diego Costa - he's a tank. What he lacks in speed, he makes up for by just flat running people over.

Rooney - I play him at the CAM position in my 4231(2), and he's phenomenal, great shot, hard to push off the ball, and always in the right position.

Cerci - speedy, agile, and a surprisingly good shot.

Rodrigo - one of my favorite strikers. Great shot despite his lower rating.

Dos Santos - so agile. He can get around anyone.

Fernandinho - he's like Yaya jr. A beast at the CDM position.

Robben - just as good as Messi and Ronaldo. All-around great player.

Jovetic - not the fastest or the best shot, but he's pretty consistent at putting decent shots in the back of the net.

Koscielny - possibly the best CB I've used. Always in good position, strong tackler, wins headers.

Carlos Tevez - if dos Santos and Costa had a child, it would be Tevez. Perfect combo of speed, agility, finishing, and strength.

David luiz and Thiago silva - they work phenomenally together.

Sirigu - great keeper who works well with the pair above.

Begovic - beast in 90% of games, absent in the other 10%.

Leroy Fer - power header!

Barzagli, Cheillieni (spelling?), Caceres - great back line in a 3-5-2

Underachievers:

Aguero - never seen so many open shots not even get put on net.

Hazard - injured way too much. Not as agile as attributes suggest. Great shot though.

Kompany - out of position regularly, loses headers from corners, just all around bad for me.

Neymar - strong wind could push him off the ball.

Iniesta/xavi/James - all suffer from passing playing a diminishing role within the game.

Yaya toure - he's strong, but I'm not a fan. Just disappears sometimes.

Loic Remy - so fast, but he can't change directions worth a shit.

Higuain - all around just didn't like him. Might be worth it if all you do is lob through balls.

Cesc fabregas - similar to the Iniesta bunch. Kinda slow and not too physical.

Pepe - the king of losing header battles.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Leroy Fer has been an underrated player several editions in a row. Fast, powerful, great in the air.

I like Marco Verrati a lot, too.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Forgot to mention my biggest disappointment :

Manuel Neuer.

He's been awful for me. He makes decent saves, but he NEVER holds on to the ball. My brother and I were down 5-1 to a guy in an online game and all 5 goals were rebounds. One was a rebound that wasn't even from a shot. He was dribbling on the end line and tried to pass it across the goal box (no one there to receive the pass) and Neuer dove to knock it away, sending it straight to one of his guys for a goal. The dude sent us a message apologizing for how ridiculous it was haha

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Packed Neymar (and Aguero) yesterday. With what I've been reading about the recent patch nerfing pace and making passing more rating-based, I might just have to get my BBVA squad back together. I sold them before the recent market crash to invest while everything was cheap, but if the passing of players like Kroos is as great as people are saying, this game might just become fun again.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Decided to take a break from FUT and try out online seasons. I just won the division 8 title and my record is 13-2-2. I play with Chelsea, yet here are the team's I've played:

Real Madrid - 9 times (6-2-1)
    Barcelona - 4 times (3-0-1)
    Chelsea - twice (2-0-0)
    Manchester Utd. - once (1-0-0)
    Manchester City - once (1-0-0)

First of all, why is everyone so god damn unoriginal?

Second, why does NO ONE play sim style? Every single game is Ronaldo and Bale running as fast as they can right at my back line.

Third, why th hell do I get matched up against all the top teams and never against anyone slightly worse than me? Where are the Arsenals and Liverpools?

Fourth, why doesn't anyone use Bayern? They're easily the best team on the game and probably the team I will switch to if I start struggling with Chelsea. I enjoy Lewa at striker and Ribery's 5* skills are nice.

15. VB

VB Member

Now we are talking my area. Everyone uses Real Madrid. Get used to it. It will be that way throughout every season. It seems like you are beating everyone though despite them using Real Madrid. If you choose a five star team, you will only play five star teams. I don't believe arsenal is five stars.

I am in division 2 right now. I think total record is like 50-8-12. Won the division title every season except for one. I use Barcelona. Have some absolutely tasty team goals with them.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, I can usually beat them no problem, but it just makes the game a lot less fun. Most of the time, if they are spamming LB+Y, i'm forced to park the bus to make sure they don't blow by my slow CBs. Then it turns into a counterattack game with Willian and Hazard when I would much prefer to play a possession style passing game. It just takes some of the fun out of it for me, so I hope that as I advance in divisions, I will face less and less of these players.

So you're saying it is based on stars, not ratings? Will shit, I was staying away from Bayern because I thought if I used them I wouldn't face anybody but Real Madrid and Barcelona. If you're saying it won't make a difference, I won't feel bad about switching over at all once I start struggling to win games with Chelsea. I do really enjoy Diego Costa though. He's a beast.

You are on XBone, right? Will I ever have to play you in seasons if I get to that division? I'm pretty sure that 360 and XBone buy and sell on the same market for ultimate team, but I think I remember you saying that they don't play each other in game. Is that correct?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

5 games tonight. All 5 against Real Madrid. 3-2-0 record. It's actually pathetic how much people rely on through balls a sprinting around people with Ronaldo and Bale. I may never play another game with Real Madrid again. The team just disgusts me.

18. VB

VB Member

You won't play anyone from Xbox one.

19. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Last edition of FIFA, my buddy and I liked to run coop seasons with Dortmund. And we actually held our own with them. Of course, 90% of our opponents were Real, Barcelona, Brazil o PSG.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wow, that's diversity compared to what people play nowadays. I played 5 matches a few nights ago and every single one was Real.