Fifa 15

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. There's no game out there that's ever going to be perfect, but FIFA is light years ahead of the game ruining bullshit that is so pervasive in the NCAA and Madden games.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, which is why I don't complain when he fails to finish from time to time. But he is fast and agile and still gets outrun by below average defenders. It makes sense if guys like Marcelo or other similarly rated players keep up with him. It doesn't make sense when the weaker opponents outrun him on lib through passes.

Sometimes FIFA runs great. Some losses I'm perfectly okay with. But a lot of times the goals scored against me are pure stupidity.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Online games in FUT are so sweaty. It's a disgrace.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Has nothing to do with EA

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

It has everything to do with EA. They made they game and the crappy code to go with it. Any game EA makes has tons of problems. Everyone knows this going in, but still buys it. You have no one to blame but yourself. EA's track record should speak for itself.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

EA does not force people to fill their teams with the fastest guys available at each position, nor does it force those people to hold their finger on the sprint button the entire game either.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I no longer buy EA games. It is easier when you no longer buy console games.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

is this gamer nerd jargon? what does this mean?

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He learned it from Sab...

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Same thing as "cheese" in ncaa games. Sweaty teams are the ones with an average overall rating of like 75 and an average pace of 90 who never let go of the sprint button.

In other words, no skill whatsoever, and all they do is run around you.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And really, the worst part about sweaty teams is their high pressure defense. It makes it so hard to keep ahead in your passing, and they come in and tackle from behind with ease. It's stupid.

13. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Change your style?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

To what? Are you suggesting I play like them?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Need advice.

Running a 4231 that looks like this:

Benzema
    Blank, Iniesta, Rodriguez
    Khedira, Modric
    Marcelo, Pepe, Miranda, Juanfran
    Bravo

Fill in the blank at my left CAM. I've considered Mata and Fabregas, as they would do well in my high passing style of play, but they're both pretty slow to be on a wing, and I don't think they match at all from a chemistry standpoint. I've also considered some Germans, as their chemistry link with Khedira would be beneficial. Kroos is the obvious pick since he'd be surrounded by a bunch of guys from Real Madrid, but he's even slower than Mata and Fabregas. Ozil and Gotze are two other decent options that are a little more expensive. The last option is to stick with Isco, who has been pretty consistently average for me, or throw Cerci in there. Rakitić is decent, but he lacks speed and maneuverability, and his passing has been suspect.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are EA's servers always this awful? I get kicked out of games with regularity and it ALWAYS counts as a loss, even if I'm winning. Then when I finally get to sign back in, it pops up a little message about how quitting games affects my DNF % which limits the coins I receive after gawked. I'm just like, are you ****ing kidding me?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

On a more positive note, I think I've found a pretty solid squad for my playing style:

Benzema
    Neymar, James, Willian
    Khedira, Ramires
    Marcelo, Luiz, Silva, Alves
    Sirigu

Struggling to find a pair of CBs that are really solid defensively. They all seem to just go retarded sometimes. These two have been the best I've found.

Also, I run the 4231(2), but I'm interested in the 41212... Anyone tried it? It looks like a really good short passing formation, and I like the scoring threat that two strikers bring.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not sure if anyone even reads in here anymore, but oh well. I'm pretty sure I'm about done with ultimate team. Here are my main complaints.

1. Solid passers like Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, etc. are almost worthless. Passing is the most worthless stat in the game. I've used all of these players for 100+ games, and I can remember 1 total pass that made me say "wow." But it's not their lack of amazing passes that's really bothersome; it's their lack of consistency, they make the same shitty passes as every other player, sometimes even more than them. A player like Xavi or Iniesta has no other benefit in ultimate team except to pass. They are too slow to be anywhere near effective at dribbling in such a pace-driven mode, and their shooting is mediocre at best. I purchase them because I want them to distribute the ball effectively, but they can't even do that. It ruins the game when you save up for one of the best passers in the world just to use him and feel no difference.

2. The best type of on ball defense is to run directly at someone who has the ball or is about to receive the ball. Just run directly at them. 90% of the time, the player will make the tackle for you, and the other 10% he will just run into the guy, halting him in his tracks (which is only a 50/50 foul call, believe it or not). The game is built for cheesy high pressure players that use their settings to constantly attack the player with the ball over the entire field. And what's worse, the game almost punishes you for playing actual defense. The longer you stay in it, waiting for an opportunity to tackle or for your opponent to make a mistake, the higher your chances of:

A) having two CPU defenders run each other over
    B) having a CPU defender decide not to cover a passing lane
    C) having your keeper go full retard and let in whatever shitty shot the guy finally gets off.

3. The game allows you to play high pressure, full field defense for an entire game. It's ridiculous. You can't even receive passes in time before being attacked, let alone pass it to someone else. And it's everywhere. Every pass is a chore, even from the keeper to your CBs. I can understand playing this sort of D in spurts or when you're down late, but it's a travesty that the game allows people to do it for an entire game without every player dying from exhaustion.

4. Shooting attributes don't really matter at all because no one is automatic from anywhere. I've used Aguero, Benzema, Rooney, RVP, etc. Some of them are pretty damn good, but they all miss easy, wide open chances too. And the problem with all of them (except for MAYBE Aguero) is they lack the speed, dribbling, and agility to create their own shot. So you get a few great chances with them per game, but they only convert one or two. Meanwhile, guys like Rodrigo, Dos Santos, Remy, etc. all have great speed and/or dribbling and agility, which allows them to create ten times as many chances, leading to just as many, and often more, goals. Also, the more difficult shots, such as long shots from way outside the box, are the same for anyone. No name players score them on me just as much as actual good players.

5. Chemistry is ****ing stupid. If you are going to tell me chemistry matters and boast that as your difference maker in your game mode, I shouldn't have people ****ing running into each other when my team has 100 ****ing chemistry. I shouldn't have players overrunning passes in the box. Stupid shit happens all the time that, in real life, you could easily attribute to a lack of chemistry, which is ****ing dumb in a game that puts chemistry on such a pedestal.

6. Last but not least, nothing matters other than pace. I could win every game by just weaving through defenses with Neymar, Dos Santos, or Di Maria, but I don't because it isn't realistic. I want to win games because I'm skilled at passing and creating chances the way the game is actually meant to be played. Likewise, if I lose to someone who is just flat good at the game, I'm okay with it. I enjoy the rare game against a player who doesn't have a team average of 88 pace and who plays actual defense rather than the full field pressure. But those games are 1 in every 40. Most games are against the same shitty teams with the same players, the majority of which have 90+ pace and 70 and below in every other attribute. And yet for some reason they all manage to pass just as well as Iniesta or Xavi, defend as well as Thiago Silva or Miranda, and score as easily as Benzema or Aguero.

It's not that I suck at the game. I've played against people who straight whipped me, passing it all over the place with decent, non-pacey teams. Those people are fun to play against. I'm just tired of losing to players with shit teams who just run around me all game.

My team:

4-3-3

Neymar Benzema Vela
    Iniesta Khedira/Rodriguez Modric
    Marcelo Luiz Silva Alves
    Sirigu

What a waste of time it has been saving up for a top notch team just to find that they're no better than some garbage pacey team you can get for under 10k.

19. VB

VB Member

Your team is pretty much perfect.

You have to find a way to beat the high pressure. People are going to play that way online but you can exploit it. Get the ball out wide and pass around with your winger and backs. Once you get one guy to over commit, go up field. I've had great success every year using this same strategy. That aspect of the game has never changed.

Don't be afraid to attack down the middle though. If you can get past that first high pressure guy, there are usually some lanes up the middle. Make defenders miss. I **** on people with Messi neymar and Suarez without using the skill moves. The precision dribbling works great on the Xbox One.

You've pretty much nailed the issues with the game though.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And the team I had before with Di Maria, Rooney, Ozil, Aguero, Matic and Ramires was pretty much perfect too.

I get what you're saying about passing around, but I always run into 1 of 2 problems. Either someone makes a shitty pass at some point (often one of the legendary passers like Iniesta), or the high pressure D reaches the pass before my guy because my dude decides to just stand there and wait for it. A lot of times it won't let me pull them up even if I switch to them. I'm sure it's something custom tactics could fix, but I'm not overly confident on how to set those up. Different guides on the Internet all say different stuff.

Getting it outside works sometimes, as Neymar (and often Vela) can just flat out run people. The problem I've found is eventually you reach the back line, and a strong wind can knock Neymar over. If someone gets a hand on him, kiss the ball goodbye. I can sometimes get him a good shot without being touched or find a decent pass to hit, but then there's the problem with finishing.

As for the middle, without someone fast there (Benzema lacks agility, Rodriguez lacks top end speed, and Modric/Iniesta don't offer much either), moving the ball is impossible. By the time I make a move around whoever is in front of me, the guy who was high pressuring behind me has run me down and taken the ball (with alarming ease). I could maybe throw Alessio Cerci in there to flat outrun people, but that just seems cheesy.

I guess my feeling is that I want to play a style that allows me to win because I'm good at the actual sport (passing, vision, patience, etc.) I have the horses to run around people, and I can afford other really fast guys, but then what the hell is the point of playing the game?

I appreciate the feedback though.