Fifa 15

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And I guess I'm just disappointed that a game mode with such high potential can be so easily ruined. Getting the players you want takes time but is quite a bit of fun on the way. It's just disappointing to reach the goal of having your dream team only to realize the 3k pace team with 75 chemistry that you started out with was probably just as good.

2. VB

VB Member

I don't go out there and crush people with pace. Triangle passing all over the field. I've went to the first division on seasons mode every year without exploiting pace. I've also played the game for six years longer than you have. Get a Xbox one and I can show you some tips

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How is this compared to 14? I have 14 on PS4 and picked up 15 at Target since they are doing the buy 2 get 1 free sale. If 15 isn't a huge upgrade over 14, I may return it and pick up one of the new releases in a couple of weeks.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'll get right on that with the Xbox One...

Decided to keep playing. Some games are okay, some are same old shit.

Figured I'd do the fun part of the game and built an entire back up squad. It's Serie A and I run a 3-5-2.

Higuain Tevez
    El Shaarawy Marchisio Mertens Vidal Candreva
    Barzagli Chiellini Caceres

I've found it to be strangely good defensively. The CBs are the best I've played with, to be honest. They actually step up and play defense. The wingers are good for the occasional goal, Mertens controls the field with his pace and dribbling, and Tevez is usually a man when it comes to scoring. Not a fan of Higuain.

I'm thinking I might try to eventually convert my Serie A backup squad to a BPL back up squad. Had this in mind:

433(4)/433(5)

Schurrle Costa Willian
    Fernandinho Rooney(CAM)/Matic(CDM) Fabregas
    Clichy Kompany Koscielny Zabeleta
    Howard (until I can afford someone better)

What do you think of the squad? If I sell my current back up team, I'm about halfway there for affording this one. Alternatively, I could just sell Neymar and get it immediately lol.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also VB, have you heard of handicapping in FUT before? Apparently people create teams with a few key top notch players, such as a keeper, speedy midfielder, and good striker, and then surround them with pacey silvers and non rare golds to keep the team rating down. They also load up their benches with bronzes to lower it even more.

I guess the game tries to match teams with similar ratings, so when you somehow get matched against this lower rated team, the game adds a handicap against you. Your defenders watch the ball, run into each other, get knocked down by weak strikers, etc. Your keeper gets worse. Your passes mess up a lot. Your opponent's passes whiz by within inches of your players and none of them react. Your players are constantly out of position. The opponent's CBs are walls and the keeper makes amazing saves. Your strikers develop an impressive ability to hit the post and cross bar 5 times a game.

I've run into it a couple of times and it seems legit.

6. VB

VB Member

I don't play a ton of ultimate team. That brings out the worst of all the cheesers

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And if that's not enough, EA ****s up the rest.

Played three games today in online seasons in FUT. Here were the results.

Game 1: won 5-1 ... No points received for the win. Didn't even count it as a game in the season. It's as if it was never played.

Game 2: down 4-0 at half, came back and had it at 3-4 with 25 minutes to go. Kid leaves game, comeback halted, game doesn't count.

Game 3: disconnected from EA servers while up 5-1 with 6 minutes left in the game. Game won't count, or may even count as a loss in my season.

3 games today, none of which counted. What a waste.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

9. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Ultimate team sucks for the sole reason that you can spend money and buy awesome players. If they actually rewarded you with good players through playing well it would be a more fair system. But.......EA.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I mean, in a way, they do. If you're good, you win tournaments, seasons, etc., rewarding you with coins and packs. That, along with playing the transfer market makes it possible to "earn" coins rather than buying them.

Plus, spending money on fifa points isn't much of a guarantee. You are guaranteed a certain number of cards in each pack, but there's no guarantee that they are worth anything.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i'm a manager mode player...tranfer window time is the best. my team's kind of fun to play with because they've got a little money but not like PSG or Chelsea so you have to wheel and deal

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just lost a game against the cpu 4-2 in which there were 4 penalties. 3 for them, 1 for me. Each of theirs came from a CPU player on my team that I was telling to contain with RB just obliterating a dude. Hard to win games when you give up three penalties.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Started the next game and got a penalty (I'm shooting it) within the 3rd minute. The **** is going on?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just to add to the weirdness....

Next game goes scoreless through 90 despite my 16 shots to their 1. I come out and score 3 goals in the first period of extra time and win 3-0. That's stupid.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just played the most expensive team I've seen in game. Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Robben, Bale, di Maria, hazard, Sergio Ramos, silva, Neuer, etc.

Controlled possession 60-40
    88% passing accuracy to his 72%
    Outshot him 8-2, 5-2 on target.

Lost 2-0. Neuer is a god in net, and his forwards scored on BS twice. Never felt more helpless or out of control of an outcome.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, and I had 5 corners to his 0.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Will the come out with updates that significantly alter gameplay?

Passing seems like the easiest one to fix at the moment. Here's a few things I'd like to see (sorry if I'm beating a dead horse):

1. No passes directly at the other team. I don't care if I pointed the stick closer to him than my teammate standing to the side of him. It should be clear who I wanted to pass to.

2. there needs to be an adjustment to putting power on passes. For example, picture this: I cut in from the wing at the top of the box, and I have a teammate standing on the same line at the top of the box directly in the middle. I want to pass to him, and the past needs to get there quickly, so I put a little more zip on it. In this game, putting that "extra zip" on the pass makes the pass go beyond that guy, all the way to the other side of the box where my other winger is standing. There is literally no way to pass to the guy you want because if you put to much power, it goes to someone else, and if you put too little power, it gets intercepted. I run into the same problem if I beat the defender to th end line with my winger. I'll usually have a guy posted up wide open directly in the middle of the box, but if I put a lot of power on the pass, it sends it to a guy behind him 10 feet outside the box.

3. This one seems more difficult, but I'd like to see a larger emphasis put on the passing attribute. It seems disgraceful to the game to have guys like Kroos, Iniesta, Xavi, Modric, etc. be rendered average to almost useless because the passing attribute barely affects the game while the pace attribute completely dominates it. I should be able to see a clear difference when I take Iniesta out and replace him with a position changed Giovanni Dos Santos. Sadly, the people I've played against who do stuff like that don't suffer a bit in the passing game.

4. The back heel pass should require an extra button to be held with the A button in order for it to be performed. I lose possession so much from my players attempting and failing the back heel when they could just as easily turn around and make the pass. Sometimes the back heel is necessary and works out well. Most of the time it's a god damn abortion.

5. Something needs to be adjusted in the mechanics of receiving passes. Too often, players just stand and wait for passes as they slowly roll to them. It isn't realistic at all to stand and wait for a pass to come to you as you watch a defender blow by you to take it. At the same time, just receiving the pass is too difficult. The game often forces the player receiving the pass to turn a certain way, and with the high pressure cheesefense people play, it's just begging to be tackled with ease.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just don't have any of these problems with gameplay, at least not to the level that you are

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Actually, I changed my mind. The first change in gameplay that I would make centers on the keeper in corner situations. If the ball is kicked within the goal box, I shouldn't have to tell my keeper to go get it. A lot of times, people take the kick immediately, so I'm still trying to find which guy am controlling or switching to someone else, and by the time I realize where the ball is headed, it's too late for me to pull him out on my own. Keepers should have that instinct build in, at least the highly rated ones.

Have you had that issue?