Fire Mike Gundy!!!!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JayVols, Nov 28, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

isn't he also like 2-10 against Oklahoma?

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It'll be a double-take number. Guaranteed.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just heard he beat Oklahoma 3 times. State has beaten OK 17 times total in the 100+ years of the 'rivalry'.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Going to be awesome when he goes 7-6 in year two and wants a raise.

JayVols likes this.
  6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He’s a good coach. Ok State has won double digit games in a season 8 times in their history. Gundy is responsible for 5 of those.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah that's not a fair fight.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Who freaking cares? We're freaking paying grand slam, 100% championship lock money to a guy because maybe his school held him back, but we have no evidence to confirm.

gcbvol and JayVols like this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean, his last championship was 2011. He has done nothing to elevate himself since then. Why has no one plucked him from that cesspool of a city in the last six years?

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Compared to Gruden and Kelly and others, yeah, it sucks. But he is a solid next group hire and we are, unfortunately, forced to pay tier 1 money for him because of the shitshow that happened this weekend.

That said, I expect him to fully give us the Strong treatment and end up staying at State and we end up with Durkin at 6mill a year.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

They've got you right where they want you.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We need to hold off on any hires until we have cleaned out the admin. Sacrifice a year to restore order and start anew. I'm holding steadfast.

ETA - Or hire Kiffin.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    awebb7 and JayVols like this.
  13. Calculon

Calculon Member

Gundy’s era also coincides with the T. Boone Pickens era of majorly investing into the program.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. that is the concern. that being said, all the money in the world still doesnt' make it the greatest place for a recruit to go to.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I agree. He is not a championship coach. He will never win an SEC Championship.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Our [uck fay]up with Schiano meant we had a choice. Go with a troubled hire where you don’t overpay vs potential but with downside risk aplenty - or you overpay for quality and understood commodity. Overpay bigtime.

That’s what we have here.

utvol0427 and IP like this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

and it's not like Tennessee doesn't have resources

18. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

He averaged 8.5 wins over 13 seasons. Won 10 regular season games in 3 out of 13.

JayVols likes this.
  19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

is that supposed to be unimpressive?

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I’m not sure it translates. But at least we have an idea of what our ceiling is.