Fire Mike Gundy!!!!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JayVols, Nov 28, 2017.

1. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

During that time Texas has been crap too. On the flip side, his 4-2 record against Patterson does make me raise an eyebrow.

2. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It is what it is. Probably not indicative of someone you would break the bank for. Everyone will draw their own conclusions.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd call that the floor personally.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i tend to agree, but if the choice is break the bank for him or hire dave doeren, i break the bank.

syndicate and tvolsfan like this.
  5. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Prior to 2017, Butch Jones averaged 8 wins over 10 seasons, and won 10 regular season games in 2 out of 10 seasons. He also had 4 conference titles, shared and whatnot.

JayVols likes this.
  6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’m not sure his buyout would be as concerning as many of you think.

He reps himself, if I’m not mistaken, so we’re not dealing with Sexton here.

Maybe we’re overpaying for him on the front end with reduced risk on the backside.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Come on, I’m clearly not thrilled but that’s completely different.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

at a program that won double digits the year he took over and in a non power 5 conference. not quite the same situation.

InVolNerable likes this.
  9. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Again, I don't think it matters until the Haslams are shut out of the AD.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

...with 3* recruits and not the resources of Tennessee.

I'm disappointed we didn't get Gruden, Petersen, Patterson, or Kelly (or Kiffin, after Currie's royal [uck fay]up), too..but it's not crazy to think Gundy could be successful here. We need a good DC, and good recruiters.

The money is ridiculous, but so is Fl paying 6 mil for 2-15 vs ranked teams Mullen..it's how it is in college football in the SEC right now. We got torpedo'd, and were going to be overpaying whatever coached we hired.

Don't royally [uck fay] yourself with buyout in the contract, and considering the [uck fay]ing hole we got put in, I think this is a good outcome. Currie, Davenport, Haslams, et all need to GTFO, though. We had a chance at an elite hire and they [uck fay] us royally.

I'd watch the team under Gundy, I have nothing against Gundy, or the kids, and I want to support them, but I'm not supporting the university in any way until Currie et all are gone, regardless of the coach minus an elite hire.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    IP likes this.
  11. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Agreed that Gundy is obviously better than what was just let go, but you have to dig as well as our AD to find worse. I'm just surprised the numbers are so close, and $8.4 million is insane at this point.

12. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

We arent getting anything better. It sort of sucks, but we arent.

In fact, we arent even going to get gundy imo.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There's much better quality to be had that would cost millions less.