Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Keyton is showing flashes of upside that I didn't think existed a month ago. He gets open, catches everything, goes over the middle, and refuses to go down.

IP and zehr27 like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It’s possible. But zhe is coming with

3. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

They usually wait to chit their pants after they play us like it’s the national title game with the help of incompetent and arguably on the take officials, not before.

A-Smith and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tickets up to $300 a piece? Are my eyes deceiving me?

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Doesn't really surprise me. Locally, it seems like demand is higher for a game than it has been in a while and seems to keep increasing as the game gets closer. I've gotten more messages from customers/friends/family asking if I could find tickets or trying to buy mine than I've ever had. Even people than normally don't give a shit about going to the games.

All the hype and build up has me convinced we are losing by double digits.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, if they don't play this on the jumbotrons before the band takes the field Saturday it's a complete failure by everyone involved...

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Should have thought about the consequences beforehand. Now you have to live with it.

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Just wait till Friday. Maybe.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Incredible I paid $200 each plus after fees and could flip them for $100 each profit.

Look what Heup has done in just over a year.
    And yeah he’s gotta win…but it sure is enjoyable right now. More than it’s been in a long long time.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Meh. If I’m already spending $400-500, what’s another hundred bucks? I was just surprised to see them that high. Still think they’ll drop as we get closer.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Surely you aren't setting yourself up for a late-term abortion on attendance. I expect you to live your values no matter the cost.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You may get lucky and someone have a family emergency and need to dump some

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sometimes clients are awesome. This Saturday is one of those times.

tvolsfan and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You got hooked up?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This one didn't quite hit the mark, but I applaud the effort.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

So much so I'm willing to back down and wear a white shirt as my area is supposed to do.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There are still tons of tickets up on the various websites. This game may end up being unique, but prices always seem to drop as an event approaches. And since we will be in the area regardless, we will be in a good spot to catch a deal. Being okay with not going takes off a lot of the pressure to buy now.

When we went to Celtics/Bucks game 1 and 6ers/Heat game 4 earlier this year, we watched the tickets leading right up to game time, and there were tons of deals to be had. We bought early in both of those cases, as we weren't going to make the trip and not go to the game.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You underestimate this fanbase

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's possible. But both of those games were in bigger cities with smaller arenas. We will see what happens.

I could have had really shitty seats for $100 the other day. Could have had somewhat shitty seats for a little under $200. Now it's $300 to get in the door.

I'm guessing I'll end up dropping $350/ticket for some average/slightly above average seats a few hours before game time.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

And to think, I got a season ticket to all the games for $600 with a real chair and a roof.