Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

They've gotten their way plenty of times.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Is this the most anticipated home game since Florida 96?

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Florida 98 was anticipated at least by me

we just didn’t know quite what we had yet

TDVol1989 likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only other one to compare it to would be the Oklahoma game. From afar, this seems bigger. And it may be bigger than 96, but I wasn't very old then.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Florida 2012 was pretty damn anticipated until we realized Dooley was the worst coach in SEC history

tvolsfan likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It wasn't like 96. This is another level.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Second worst

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This almost feels bigger. This fan base is starving for success and this is the first time we've felt like things are moving in the right direction with a competent coach since '09. The mid to late 90s games against Florida were huge, but we were already having a ton of success on the field we just couldn't get by them.

Everyone can feel how close we are to turning a corner and this would be a huge step in that direction.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Third. I'd take him over the last two schmucks.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think we were pretty sure Dooley was bad at the time, we just thought we might have enough talent to win anyways. Same as Oklahoma 2015 to some extent, but I think we had even more evidence against Dooley.

tvolsfan likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Recency bias

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hmm.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This is totally boilerplate but also I don’t want to see them confident so let’s score lots of points and make them not confident.

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

They would have had their way if they could get all the grey and/or black helmets here.

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

All I can imagine is the salivation factor the UT staff has for seeing UF's schoolbus sized #21 line up early in a series. One full series and he'll be completely gassed.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Nah. He never ran off to Tuscaloosa to help them win a national championship after being hired at Tennessee and he's not Butch Jones.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Most realized that halfway through the 2011 season

tvolsfan, PilotFlyingJ and TDVol1989 like this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

Butch’s deal was a house of cards but Dooley couldn’t even get the cards out of the box. Jmo

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley tried his damndest to get bought out after UK 2011. The only hope we had was Bray, CP and Hunter outscoring everyone.

Butch was actually a shittier person and coach but he had recruited well enough to somewhat mask it. Butch had already failed miserably many times

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

Hell Pruitt was probably worse at the program management thing than all of them. It’s amazing some of the boobs that were brought in here and paid millions

NorrisAlan and TDVol1989 like this.