Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’s fine. I don’t mind being the laughing stock for stuff like mustard throwing. That’s just passion. But the moment we are above average, we start mocking the other team as if the game is wrapped up, well before it is? Just doesn’t sit right. And again, every grown man around me was saying the same thing.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Well that makes... what? 5 verses 10's of thousands.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

my son had a white Manning jersey somebody gave him and needed white for our section. We chose not to wear it, being Florida and all, and found a Bru shirt. Great decision which probably put this whole W in motion.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Fair enough. We just need to learn what winning is like again

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why are we arguing about this?

The whole stadium wasn’t doing it. Majority was student section with some surrounding sections. I assume most grown men who were there thought it was dumb.

6. Ssmiff

Well I was there too and the gator chomp up 17 against a team who has had our number was great. Who cares what woulda happened had we lost. It didn’t happen.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

As someone who has witnessed us go like 2-12 including today in all the Florida games I’ve ever attended, the spontaneous and organic stadium wide mocking of the Gator Chomp was cathartic. Perfect synchronization and execution by the crowd. Few things better than some good ole fashion karma and revenge in sports

NorrisAlan and VolDad like this.
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why do you feel the need to be right on absolutely everything and that everyone else agree with you; proper football etiquette, politics, abortion, LBGTQ issues, etc.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Our fanbase knows football. We were completely justified at that point in the game to have some fun at the expense of our rival.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

I do agree on the singing while we are at the LOS and we got a false start. It cost us. Then Heup was trying to get fans to quiet down. Excitement overwhelmed too many

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

if you think Josh Heupel is paying attention to what the south end zone is doing during a game, you seriously have no idea how sports work in any context. If he loses his shit about that, you might as well fire up another coaching search board because that would be some serious Butch Jones level shit.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I definitely agree with that specific point. I’ve noticed and [itch bay]ed about that too over the years. Our band often plays way too long when we have the ball. Whoever leads the band has got to have more situational football awareness

VolDad likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No one has complained about a gator chomp while up 17. If I recall, the player who scored the TD to go up 17 did 3 gator chomps, followed by a throat cut. Perfectly appropriate. You’re arguing against a point no one has made.

14. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Good news: Billy Napier is an idiot

bad news: our defense is a sieve

Indy likes this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This post is incredibly naive. Coaches see and notice everything. Good ones, at least.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What a stupid [uck fay]ing thing to say.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t. Could give a [uck fay] less if you agree with me. Half the thread has shown they don’t even know what I’m talking about by citing different instances of when people gator chomped.

I do find it funny that so many people who weren’t there, didn’t see it, have such a strong opinion.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Such a stupid post.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I also got a “talkin to” at the beginning of the first quarter for using the f word. And got asked to sit down on a 2nd down when we were on defense late in the first.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thank you. Wasting time thinking about fans cheers and jeers in the stands during a game is not championship football.