Fugate Gone

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Vol2424, Aug 9, 2013.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

For me, it's not that I love Kiffin or anything but I probably do go out of my way to defend him simply because many, mainly on toos, go out of their way to put him down even to the point where they make shit up. I was pissed when he left (not to the point of pissing on his shirt on youtube) but at some point we have to realize he left for his dream job. Hell, most of our fans didn't have a problem with [ddiapos] doing the same thing to Louisiana Tech, seems kind of hypocritical to me.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

At the end of the day he won 7 games here. It was a fun season and all, but it meant little after he left.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Had he stayed, I believe we'd have seen fewer transfers. I don't like that he left, or the impact his departure had on the program, but I felt confident that Tennessee football was on the right track during his time here. Haven't felt that way since.

4. chavisut

I took up for him throughout the Dooley era. Still think he would have done great things here.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch will be a damn demigod if he wins 7 this year. Saban won 7 his first season. There's more to a rebuilding effort than wins in year one.

6. chavisut

Awful. That was just bad recruiting. '09 was a combination of bad evaluation, leaving, and #ddiapos.

7. chavisut

It was a fantastic job. My point is all that rebuilding effort was for not the second he took the SC job.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Interesting post after you "ballcupped" Dooley the last three years.

9. chavisut

[​IMG]

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dooley proved he needed more time for evaluation with his epic overtime win over UAB in year zero.

11. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Pretty sad but true. But ole miss, Ucla, and vt were horrible games that year. Ucla was outcoaching, ole miss was a no show by everybody, and half the team was hungover against vt.
    I was fired up when kiffin was hired. I liked it after Fulmer. It was all a big joke. Like we got punked. We beat richt and almost beat bama, but his impact on our program weighs much more heavily to he negative, than the positive of playing 2 good games, imo.

12. limpleg

Give me a break. I never said a positive word about dooley's coaching ability. I just didn't lambast him at every opportunity.

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

You sucked on his balls.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'll bet Dooley combed and moussed down there, too.

15. limpleg

I didn't say anything about judging him or writing him off, so how am I right? I just gave an opinion and a couple of stats.
    I do have a question though, as you always are hounding me about judging off of a coach's history to predict their future. You've been all over me, as I don't always look at it that way and would rather wait and see. However, with Kiffin, he was a 5-15 NFL coach and has an overall record as a HC that hovers around .500, yet you think it would've been fine to wait and see. Now, I'm fine with that, but don't harass me about a wait and see mode anymore, when you just posted that you would have been happy to wait and see, though his career HC record going into his 2nd year at UT would've been 12-17.

16. limpleg

would've been better if I had said anything from that post, but accuracy isn't a big deal at times

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I thought you were Terry Joseph on Volnation the way you took up for that loser but even Terry Joseph didn't want any part of him.

18. limpleg

and that's what happens. It's like playing cards with my sisters kids. Debate a topic, a few guys that can't look at the Kiffin debacle for what it was, then start with the Dooley junk to deflect, regardless if it's accurate or not.
    Like cockwo, clockwork.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He has been head coach at a place where Art Shell failed even worse than he did, immediately prior. He has been head coach at UT for one year, and he's had three years at a school on probation.

The public's perception, close as I can tell, was pretty high following the 2009 season, down after 2010, way up after 2011 and down again after last season. Dooley was considered garbage at all times by everyone not wearing orange shades.

20. limpleg

Like I've said before, I grew tired of the [itch bay]ing. It was hard enough. Watching my 6 yr old turn off games because he was more sick of it than me. Where you guys were frustrated and taking it out on Dooley, I was taking my frustration out on the complainers because I was tired of it all. And I couldn't stay off the boards. It was like a pain pill.
    That's the way it is. Some have moved on. Others can't and won't because when a good debate comes, they then have no bullshit to try and fall back on.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013