Fulmers list of coaches.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 1, 2017.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I just cannot believe that this search is going to end well.

reVOLt, utvol0427, JayVols and 3 others like this.
  2. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

So you would take a guy that tied once for his Conf title and never really won anything else that never coached or really recruited in the SEC over a guy who has won a Natty,SEC title, beat Saban, and recruited in the SEC footprint. Hmmm

I get the fun factor with Leach, but IF and it’s a big IF Miles learned anything, I think he might have 4-5 years left in him.

For the record, I think Leach and Les are fairly similar in likely success, but I see Les’s floor a little higher. And again, my progression is Gruden, Petersen, Brohm, and it’s all about the same after that. So I am not passionate about either of the 2

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The difference is Leach hasn't notably started trending downwards.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It really needs to. All this ranting and protesting shouldn’t result in a coach who would have taken it anyway. I was pleading for good rumors and this is just “Not the end of the world” instead of “Damn!!! You can eat it Herbstreit! 2nd tier my ass!!”

JayVols and tvolsfan like this.
  6. BigOrangeBeech

I can't see Fulmer considering Leach.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Whatever happens, i just hope we go to at least 5 or more coaches we have not publicly gone after before we think about miles.

But the minute i heard fulmer as AD, i thought miles was the guy

8. BigOrangeBeech

I can see Fulmer offering the job to Miles with the agreement that he brings on Tee as OC, and maybe throw in Steele as DC.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I could at least stomach that. I just really think there are better options out there.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I really don't know why people seem to think Tee and Steele are making lateral moves to work for some has-been.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Tennessee and Fulmer

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think that means as much to working coaches concerned with their future as it does to our fans.

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I don't know if that scenario even wins the East. It's better than giving Greg [uck fay]ing Schiano a 5 year deal though.

JayVols likes this.
  14. BigOrangeBeech

Unless the idea is that Tee take over after Les. And I'm not saying they'd come, But I can just see Fulmers line of thinking here, he knows he can't bring Tee in as HC, so slip him in as OC with the idea he take over in a couple years.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

False. Yes, they are close but that’s foolish, IMO. Shawn loves it there.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Davis said as much.

Shaw is there as long as he wants to be

17. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

What’s happening? I figured out we were both in town for a game this year after the fact. Take good care!

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I honestly don’t know if Tee would do that either. That only works if things are going well. He’s not getting the full time gig if Tennessee is still mediocre three years from now.

19. BigOrangeBeech

He may not, im just trying to think of all the different dumb ways we're fixing to screw this up.

TDVol1989 and tvolsfan like this.
  20. BigOrangeBeech

I really wonder what kind of money and deal Fulmer is allowed to offer.